She has albums named after the age she was when it was written. For example – 19, 21, 25. She and Beyonce Knowles held the tie for winning the most number of Grammy awards (6 of them) in 2012. Spice Girls, Etta James, Dusty Springfield and Pink (according to her) influenced her career choice of being a singer. Adele was 8-months pregnant when she recorded her Oscar-winning song Skyfall. She was raised by a single mother and is a mix of killer talent and mammoth personality. The singer says “I want to write happy songs about being in love”. Falling in love with Adele can be easy. Let us check out how.
Can you beat this one?
Her complete waxwork created by Madame Tussauds (London) was unveiled in 2013.
|Name||Adele Laurie Blue Adkins|
|Birthday Date||5 May 1988|
|Birth Place||Tottenham, North London, United Kingdom|
|Hometown||Tottenham, North London, United Kingdom|
|Occupation||English songwriter, singer|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Taurus|
|Age (2018)||30 years|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Singing, dancing, and listening music|
|School||BRIT School(British performing arts and technology)|
Adele’s father left them when the little girl was all of 2. Sad but it made her strong from within from her baby days.
|Mother||Penny Adkins (She is furniture –maker)|
|Children’s||Angelo Adkins(He is born on 19th October 2012)|
Look at her. Adele and her hubby Simone had the courage to sue a paparazzi company for taking their son Angelo’s pictures when they were on a family holiday. Whoa! The couple won the case and they were compensated for the damages. That’s some star power!
|Height||5 feet 9 inches, 1.75 m|
|Weight||85 kilograms or 185 pounds|
|Waist Size||24 inches|
|Hips size||38 inches|
|Hair Colour||Light brown|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Dress Size||18 US|
|Figure Measurements||36-34-38 inches|
|Boyfriends||Simon Konecki(her husband)|
Well, before settling down, Adele had a man in her life, Alex Sturrock. He was a fashion photographer who wanted to keep his relationship with Adele. This upset her very much and eventually led to the breakdown of their couple-dom. From summer 2008 through spring 2009 they couldn’t be missed.
According to a source “It was an intense period for them. They met through mutual friends and hit it off straight away. He shot her a few times and that was just it. They spent all their time together — and when they weren’t together they would ring each other constantly.”
“I guess it is, I guess it is.” This is coming from Adele when asked if her relationship with Konecki (her hubby) is the “ultimate love story”. Adele further adds “Being in such an amazing relationship with someone that’s so there for me and so loyal and is really part of my core now. That’s what made me write about everything I’ve ever done, because I’ve got his love.”
Favorite Things, Hobbies
|Brands||Chanel and Christian Diors Hypnotic Poison|
|Actors||Bradley Cooper andTom Cruise|
|Actress||Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts|
|Films||Charlie, The Godfather, Twilight Series, Chocolate Factory, and Scarface|
Professional Career, Net Worth
First Debut: 19 was Adele’s Debut Album (for which she got a Double Platinum). 21 was released in January 2011 (26 million copies sold!!!). Adele’s Debut Film was Katy Perry: Part of Me.
Brand Endorsements: Did you know, Adele has been persuaded by several makeup brands to become the face of their products. The sad part is Adele has refused endorsement deals worth million of dollars.
Career Achievements: Adele won the Golden Globe award and Oscar for her theme song ‘Skyfall’ in 2013. She had two records in the top five of both the UK single and album charts. Much can be written about 21 – the haunting ballad of love and loss from Adele. This disc went on to becoming the BIGGest selling album of the 21st century and stood at No. 1 in 26 charts across the globe.
Wait a minute.
Adele is the first female in the history of the Billboard Hot 100 to have her 3 singles in the top 10 at the same time.
LAST but not the least, Adele owned the 2016 Brit Awards – She won all the four she was nominated for!
Adele net worth is more than 185 dollar millians. Check out here
|Net Worth||$185 million|
|Salary per Song/Remuneration||$60-70 million|
Social Media Profiles
Latest, Upcoming Songs List
|“Don’t You Remember”, “He Won’t Go”, “Hiding My Heart”, “I Found a Boy”, “I’ll Be Waiting”, “If It Hadn’t Been For Love”, “Lovesong”, “One and Only”, “Rumour Has It”, “Set Fire to the Rain”, “Someone Like You”, “Take It All”, “Turning Tables”||21||English||2011|
|“All I Ask”, “Can’t Let Go”, “Hello”, “I Miss You”, “Lay Me Down”, “Love in the Dark”, “Million Years Ago”, “Remedy”, “River Lea”, “Send My Love (To Your New Lover)”, “Sweetest Devotion”, “Water Under the Bridge”, “When We Were Young”, “Why Do You Love Me”||25||English||2015|
Facts About Adele
- When did people sit up and take note of Adele’s musical prowess? When she first sang ‘Rise’ by Gabrielle at school. It means her singing took off at a tender age. BTW, Adele’s mom made her little daughter wear a sparkly eye patch so that the young Adele would look more like a singer. How sweet!
- In the year 2011, Adele had to go for throat surgery. Put the blame on her doctor who blamed her for landing up in this situation because of her smoking habit. Point taken! Good sense prevailed into her finally in 2015, when Adele quit smoking and finally admitted it would have killed her had she pursued it.
- You know celebrities take pride in their fan-following. And Adele is no different. Her fans come from all occupations and age groups. E.g. Adele got fan mail from none other than the formal PM of UK, Gordan Brown. The purpose of PM Brown’s writing to Adele? He praised her for uplifting the spirits of the people during economic recession of Britain.
- Guess the success chart of Adele’s album named ‘21’? Well, it spent 23 weeks at the top of the album charts in the US.
- It is generally believed (call it opinion) that talented people in the business of performing arts need peace and solitude to come up with their most popular track. Adele proved it otherwise. She stated that her creativity is at peak when she has had too many to drink. Is that DRINK-o-mania? I wonder.
- Adele has a Dachshund by the name Louis Armstrong. This I guess explains her fascination for classical singers.
- The singer is a true Brit. She loves a good cup of tea and has it with two sugars.
- Book-lover and Adele? No way. At the young age of six, she stopped reading books and put her mind and energy on singing. Roald Dahl’s popular novel ‘Matilda’ was the last book Adele remembers having read.
- Talk of tattoos and Adele has 5 of them – two of them on her left wrist, both her hands have one tattoo each and there is one behind her left ear.
- She used to live in a 25-acre mansion which had 10 BEDROOMS and was worth $ 7 million! She sold it considering the fact that only 9 of the bedrooms would be used.
Amazed or shocked? Write in your comments and tell us how you found knowing more about the beautiful songstress Adele.