Bhumi Pednekar is an Indian Bollywood actress who has predominantly appeared in Hindi films. She was born on July 18th, in 1989. Check out Bhumi Pednekar age, height, weight, weight loss, family, education, birthday date, boyfriend, husband, movies, hot photos, latest news, marriage, wiki, biography and more.
|Born||18 July 1989 (age 29)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Upcoming Movies||Pati and Patni Aur Woh|
|Parents||Sumitra Hooda Pednekar and Satish Pednekar|
|Awards||Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut, MORE|
Bhumi Pednekar Biography/Wiki:
She comes from a family of mixed cultures – her late father is a Maharashtrian and her mother is a Haryanvi. A B.Com graduate, she is a huge fan of football star Lionel Messi. She worked as an assistant casting director for Yash Raj Films (YRF) for many years, she signed a 3-film deal with YRF as an actress. In 2015, her debut film won her a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Any guesses on the name of the film? Yeah, it is the romantic-comedy ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha’. Subsequently, she worked in two more successful films Toilet – Ek Prem Katha (2017) and Shubh Mangal Saavdhan (2017).
She is an actress who has not only got critical acclaim for the films in which she has acted, she has proved that being headstrong and ambitious can open a world of opportunities for oneself. Meet Bhumi Pednekar – the ‘high on content’ actress who steals the show with her stupendous performance on the silver screen.
|Birthday Date||July 18th, 1989|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Cancer|
|Hobbies||Gym, Yoga, Badminton, volleyball, and swimming|
Schooling in Arya Vidya Mandir School, Juhu, Mumbai. Bhumi did her further education at Whistling Woods International Institute of Film, Communication & Media Arts, Mumbai (she was expelled from the Institute on grounds of poor attendance), University of Mumbai
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir School, Juhu, Mumbai, India|
|College||Whistling Woods International Institute of Film, Communication & Media Arts, Mumbai and University of Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||B. Com.(Bachelor of Commerce)|
|Father||Late Satish Pednekar|
|Mother||Sumitra Hooda Pendnekar|
Height Weight and Body Measurements:
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Waist Size||28 inches|
|Hips size||36 inches|
|Shoe Size||4 (US)|
|Dress Size||2 (US)|
|Figure Measurements||34-28-36 inches|
Boyfriend and Affairs:
|Food||Missi Roti, Dal Makhni, Butter Chicken (this could be the reason for Bhumi’s weight gain, don’t you think?)|
|Place||Dubai, Canada, Goa, and Kashmir|
|Sports||Swimming and yoga|
|Actors||Shah Rukh Khan (SRK), Salman Khan (Sallu)|
|Actress||Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone|
Net Worth and Remuneration:
|Net Worth||Around $ 1 million|
|Salary per Film/Remuneration||Under Review|
Social Media Profiles:
|Bhumi Pednekar Instagram|
|Bhumi Pednekar Facebook|
|Bhumi Pednekar IMDB||IMDB.com|
Bhumi Pednekar Weight Loss:
The Weight Loss story of Actress Bhumi Pednekar and more
This part is something to write about…because Bhumi Pednekar, the actress put in lots of effort –patiently and steadfastly to reduce 21 kilos in just 4 months!
Diet alone doesn’t help achieve weight loss. Bhumi resorted to a variety of exercises – cardio, weight training, sports and dancing to get quick weight loss results.
- Bhumi starts her fitness regime with a morning walk, followed by a sprint.
- During noontime, she goes to the gym for a 15-minute cardio workout followed by 40 minutes of weight training.
- At times, she shifts focus to functional training, instead of weight training.
- Bhumi also indulges in sports like Badminton, volleyball, and swimming.
- Whenever in a great mood, Bhumi dances to her favorite Bollywood songs (good exercise to burn calories).
Words from her –
“Don’t push yourself into a zone where you set unachievable targets for yourself. I was able to lose weight in a happy state of mind because I would not starve myself. Food makes me happy. It’s for the soul….”
The actress further adds, “It sounds fancy but I never went to a dietician or a nutritionist. Till now, it has only been my mother and me. I used Google search and my mother’s vast knowledge of food to lose weight. Apart from being physically active, having a simple home-cooked meal is the most effective way for weight loss. The two of us came up with a diet plan.”
Here is what Bhumi eats in a normal course of the day.
- Bhumi starts her day with a glass of warm to detox.
- After half an hour, Bhumi takes muesli with skimmed milk and flax or sunflower seeds.
- An hour before hitting a gym, she takes a slice of whole wheat bread with 2 egg white omelets and fruit (papaya or an apple).
- After the gym, she takes 5 boiled egg whites.
Normal lunch for Bhumi is all about:
- Multigrain roti (made of bajra, jowar, nachni, soy, chana or rajgira and NO WHEAT!). This is topped with white butter. Then there is Dal tadka, veggies tossed in olive oil, a bowl of homemade curd and buttermilk.
- On the non-veg side, it is sometimes, grilled chicken or brown bread sandwich stuffed with vegetables and grilled chicken (hummus/honey, mustard or green chutney as a spread instead of butter or any other trans fat spread)
- Hummus with cucumber and carrots or soy-nuggets.
- A bowl of brown rice with chicken gravy.
- Around 4.30pm, it is ‘Papaya’ time. As for substitutes, it is apple, pear or guava.
- After an hour, she takes greentea with almonds or walnuts.
- Around 7 pm, a big bowl of salad (seasonal veggies or fruits with a dash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar or some olive chili oil with garlic and mustard or some apple cider vinegar).
- Grilled fish or chicken OR
- Fresh grilled paneer/ tofu and stir-fried or steamed veggies.
- A small cup of brown rice or multigrain roti.
Bhumi Pednekar tries to avoid junk food and prefers to munch on healthy substitutes.
- Berry smoothie
- Yogurt cubes – the best cold snack ever!
- Kale & Soy chips, whole wheat lavash with hummus, or even dry roasted grains like puffed bajra.
- Dark chocolate.
For Sugar Cravings:
Despite having a sweet tooth, Bhumi goes for healthier options as an alternative to sugar:
- Raw Honey
- Date Syrup
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut Sugar
Words of advice from Bhumi in an interview –
“Love your body type. I have always been content with my body type and that comes from self-acceptance.Self-acceptance and healthy eating habits are the tricks to feel good and look even better. Don’t judge others by weight.”
A whole-hearted applause for BHUMI PEDNEKAR!
|Breakfast||Glass of warm to detox, muesli with skimmed milk and flax or sunflower seeds|
|Pre-lunch||Slice of whole wheat bread with 2 eggs, white omelets, and fruits|
|Lunch||Multigrain roti, Dal Tadka, veggies tossed in olive oil, a bowl of homemade curd and buttermilk|
|Brunch||Papaya, apple, pear or guava, green tea with almonds or walnuts|
|Dinner||Grilled fish or chicken, Freshly grilled paneer, tofu, and stir-fried or steamed veggies, a cup of brown rice or multigrain roti|
|Dum Laga Ke Haisha||Sandhya Varma||Hindi(2015)|
|Toilet: Ek Prem Katha||Jaya Sharma (née Joshi)||Hindi(2017)|
|Shubh Mangal Savdhan||Sugandha||Hindi(2017)|
|Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare||Kitty||Hindi(2019)|
|Saand Ki Aankh||TBA||Hindi(2019)|
|Pati Patni Aur Woh||Manjari||Hindi(2019)|
- Her first debut film is ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha’ in the year 2015 directed by Sharat Katariya
- Her “Bio” on FB and Twitter suggests that her dream goal is to be an aspiring leader.
- Actress Bhumi has seen Deshdrohi of Kamaal Rashid Khan (KRK) around 100 times.
- Her Schooling in Arya Vidya Mandir School, Juhu, Mumbai. Bhumi did her further education at Whistling Woods International Institute of Film, Communication & Media Arts, Mumbai (she was expelled from the Institute on grounds of poor attendance), University of Mumbai
- She won almost all the awards given to a newcomer – Filmfare Awards, Screen Awards, Zee Cine Awards, Stardust Awards, Big Star Entertainment awards, and IIFA Awards in the year of 2016.
- Bhumi is the rising star of Indian cinema industry.
- For her role in her debut film ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha’, the actress put on 25 kg of weight. After the release of this film, Bhumi lost around 27 kg. What a weight-gain-and-weight-loss!
- Interesting comment from Bhumi when asked whether the male lead of the film Ayushmann Khurrana actually picked her up in the race in the film’s last sequence “Yesss, he did! In fact, his body double had been called but he could not pick me up! Ayushmann could! He is fit and has been a cricketer!”
- When she was told by Yash Raj Films to give an audition for ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha’, she had no clue she was being considered for the role of the protagonist in the film. Bhumi was of the impression that it was just to demonstrate to other actors how to enact the role. Can you beat it Bhumi had to give 100 auditions before being selected for the role? Such amount of hard work goes in the acting field, dearies!
- Few months before turning 18 yrs, Ms. Pednekar came to know of a vacancy at Yash Raj Films. So excited she was about the concept of being around cinema and films that she applied for the post of ‘assistant casting director’. Luck favored her and she was selected and actually served in this capacity of ‘assistant casting director’ for 6 years. She worked for 3 years under the guidance of YRF’s senior casting director Shanoo Sharma. In fact, Shanoo commented that she considered Bhumi to be her baby sister.
- After the gym, she takes 5 boiled egg whites for her daily basis.
- In the noontime, she goes to the gym for a 15-minute cardio exercise and performs 40 minutes of weight training.
- Career Achievements: In 2016, Bhumi Pednekar won almost all the awards given to a newcomer – Filmfare Awards, Screen Awards, Zee Cine Awards, Stardust Awards, Big Star Entertainment awards, and IIFA Awards.
- Unlike her acting contemporaries, Bhumi never starved to shed those extra kilos. According to a report by the PTI, the actress enjoyed her weight loss journey of shedding 27 kg since last December. She said “The journey of shedding weight was tough but the only good thing was it did not take a toll on my health. It was all natural and planned. I really enjoyed doing it. There wasn’t any day when I was missing on anything because I was taking the fat-free version of it.”
- So what if she has played more of rustic roles, the actress looks appealing even without makeup. The images will tell you so.
So, what is your take on the young and extremely promising B-town star Bhumi Pednekar? Who knows her success streak might lead her to try her hand at acting in Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada films. Write in the comments box and tell us which performance of hers impressed you the most and why.