English actress Daisy Ridley
Born: Daisy Jazz Isobel Ridley, 10 April 1992 (age 29), in Westminster, London, UK
Height: 1.7 m or 5 ft 6 inch
Education: Birkbeck, University of London Open University
Parents: Her mother Louise Fawkner-Corbett, and father Chris Ridley
Siblings: Sisters: Kika-Rose Ridley(model), Poppy Sophia Ridley(Musician)
Boyfriend: Tom Bateman
Current Net worth: $6 million
Upcoming movies: Chaos Walking, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway
TV shows: Silent Witness, Mr Selfridge, Star Wars Forces of Destiny (Shorts), Good Morning America
Occupation: English Actress
Years active: 2013 – present
Daisy Ridley Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Daisy Ridley is an actress and film producer of English origin. She started her acting career in small television roles and short films. Her talent could barely go unnoticed. In April 2014, she was cast as the central lead character “Rey”, in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. According to Rolling Stone, at the time of casting she was a “total unknown.” With revenues crossing $6 billion, Star Wars: The Force Awakens was a highly acclaimed box-office hit. It was also the highest-grossing film of 2015!
Her role as Rey will continue in Star Wars: Episode VIII (film scheduled to be released in December 2017) where she will be starring opposite Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker. In 2016, she became the executive producer of the documentary The Eagle Huntress.
She has a deaf and blind dog called Muffin. Her eyes and “dimpled” smile are some of her distinctive features. Meet Daisy Ridley, the actress who knows how to chill in life, essay roles beautifully and everything in between.
Elle has confirmed dating of Daisy Ridley with actor Charlie Hamblett. He is Daisy’s significant other. Here is a shot on the set of the BBC’s The Secret Agent posted by Hamblett
First Debut: “Lights On” by Wiley was Daisy’s first music video in 2013. “Casualty” was her first TV show in 2013 and “Scrawl” was her first film in 2015.
Brand Endorsements: Subway commercial, ASOS
Daisy won “Best Breakthrough Performance” award for her role as Rey in the film Star Wars: The Force Awakens at the 2016 MTV Movie Awards.
Remuneration: $ 83,000 per month
Net Worth: $ 6 million
Facts About Daisy Ridley:
- Daisy Ridley is the youngest of 3 daughters born to Louise Fawkner-Corbett and Chris Ridley. Daisy has two older sisters, Kika Rose and Poppy Sophia. Hang on! Daisy also has 2 older half-sisters from her pa’s first marriage.
Daisy Ridley Parents and sisters
- In her growing years, Daisy’s favorite film was Matilda (1996), which was an adaptation of children’s story written by Roald Dahl. The on-screen title character (played by Mara Wilson in the film) was a role model to Daisy Ridley.
- Daisy Ridley won a scholarship to Tring Park School for the Performing Arts in Hertfordshire. In fact, she attended it from 9 yrs to 18 yrs. After that, she took to reading classical civilisation at Birkbeck (University of London). She dropped out of it too, in order to concentrate on her acting career.
- Following TV programmes – Youngers, Toast of London, Silent Witness, Mr Selfridge and Casualty are the ones in which Daisy Ridley started her acting career.
- A tattoo of three stars Daisy Ridley has. Where but? On her left foot. She got the tattoo at the young age of 15. You will be surprised to know the tattoo details – on her upper right thigh is a tattoo of the alchemical symbol of air, and behind her right ear is a peace symbol tattoo.
- Daisy was Voted No. 1 on AskMen.com’s Crush List 2016. She has also appeared in World’s Most Beautiful 2016 list in People magazine.
- Sad to know that Daisy Ridley suffers from endometriosis (a disease caused by polycystic ovaries). Naturally, she had to undergo Daisy Ridley. She revealed it on Instagram that at the age of 15 she was diagnosed with this condition and felt low in self-confidence. This news got her lot of praise from her fans and news outlets.
- This is interesting – Ridley was fired from her first job. Says Ridley “It was at a workshop for a short film this poet had written, about when she used to work in a strip club. After the first week, I was told not to come back.”
- Is Daisy the first and only actress in her family? The Guardian reveals her great-uncle, Arnold Ridley, had starred in Dad’s Army (the British WWII sitcom which ran from 1968 to 1977). So, acting is a legacy as far as Daisy Ridley goes.
- Says Daisy Ridley that if it weren’t for acting, she would be a “psychologist or counselor”.
- Daisy Ridley’s dad and American actor and film producer Harrison Ford have something in common. What’s that? The same little gold hoop earring.
- If you go by her Twitter profile, it says “Exploring that galaxy far, far away!”
- Talk of her performing talents and the list includes several – Ballet, Cabaret Singing, Jazz Dancing, Jazz Singing, Latin American, Mezzo-Soprano, and Tap.
- Film Divider in which Daisy Ridley had acted described the choice of Ridley as “the biggest curveball in the Episode VII cast”. The news came in a shock since talks were on of roping in Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o for the leading role.
- On the music front, Daisy Ridley is one of the several actors featured on the 2016 album of Barbra Streisand Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway.
Hope you enjoyed reading the post on Daisy Ridley. Do write in your comments, likes, views and fresh inputs.