She is only a few movies old, but Madonna Sebastian already enjoys a fan base as daunting as some of the A-list actors in the South Indian Film Industry. Within a year’s time, she has been part of several big projects in all the major South Indian languages and bagged a major gig with her musical band! Yes, that’s is right. She has immensely gifted vocal chords, and was always aiming to join the industry as a singer – not an actress. Madonna, who dons multiple hats in the entertainment industry with unquestionable ease, is an object of everyone’s interest. So here we have her life gathered in a cyber page.
||19 May 1989
||Singer, Actress, Anchor
|| St Peter’s Senior Secondary School, Kadayiruppu
||Christ University (Bachelor of Commerce), Bangalore
||Michelle Sebastian (elder sister)
Height Weight and Measurements:
|| 5 ft 4 inches or 163 cm
|Bra Cup Size
||33- 27-33 inches
Boyfriend and Affairs:
|| Not Known
The 28 year old actress has been in the industry for quite some time, but there is no affair or romantic link up of her that is known to the media. Now either the south Indian beauty has not found anyone worth her heart yet, or has done a fantastic job of keeping it from the eyes of the shutterbugs.
||Purple, Red, Brown
||South Indian Food
||Paris and New York
||50 First Dates
First Debut: Premam in 2015 (Malayalam Film), Music Mojo (2014)
Carrier Achievements: She made her Tamil debut with Kadhalum Kadandhu Pogum, opposite Vijay Sethupathi just at the age of 23. She also won Vikatan Awards as Best Debut Heroine for her performance in this movie. That aside, Madonna’s name was also nominated for SIIMA Awards for Best Female Debut – Malayalam the same year. Unfortunately she couldn’t bag the SIIMA.
Remuneration: Though the exact figure of Madonna’s remuneration is unknown, it was heard earlier in 2017 that after the success of her recent movies, the actress has hiked her compensation.
Net Worth: Not known
Social Media Profiles:
Facts about Madonna Sebastian:
- Madonna has made a name for herself in the entertainment business all by herself without having any family member in the industry. Her parents run a fashion brand called Michelle Fashions.
- But her dad was also in the military for some time and that gave her a very strict and disciplined childhood with a strict timetable to adhere to.
- Her parents always wanted her to get into civil services, but she knew it in her heart that civil services was not for her.
- One might think that her strict parents were disheartened with her decision to join movies. But all they wanted was to see their daughter happy and were very supportive of her choice of career.
- While most of us know her as a skillful actress, Madonna is also an astute singer trained in Karnatic and western music.
- She found her interest and love for singing at the Church when she was merely a student of Kinder Garten. It was when she started humming a song, her parents noticed it, and decided to put her in music classes.
- Madonna is a nature loving person, her hearts smiles when she is surrounded by greenery and nature. She has spent many summer vacations in Kannur where her parents would take her every year.
- She has also lent her voice to several songs composed by music directors like Gopi Sunder and Deepak Dev.
- Despite having negligible interest in acting she considered auditioning for director Alphonse Putharen and was shortlisted for the role of Mary. She insisted that she related more to Cecile’s character and thus was given to play Cecile.
- Premam was Madonna’s 11th movie offer. She has turned down 10 projects before this one, but she was fascinated by the idea of being a part of Nivin Pauly, Dir Alphonse Putharen and Producer Anwar Rasheed’s team and accepted the offer as it came.
- People may associate her popularity with the successful movies she has been part of, but her popularity was soaring much before she stepped onto the silver screen. Her audience loved her since her 2014 appearance in Music Mojo on Kappa TV.
- When asked if she had anticipated the massive success and love her movie received, the actress said, “We all thought Premam would be a good film and would receive positive response. The final result was much beyond our expectations. Initially, my character was supposed to be a suspense character. So the team didn’t want to expose me too much to the media or the public. I was also happy with that approach. But things changed once the movie released”
- Vijay Sethupathi was not only her co-star in Kadhalum Kadanthu Pogum but also her favorite south Indian actor. She considers herself immensely lucky to get a chance to work with him. “I’m a fan of Vijay Sethupathi’s way of acting. He polishes his character in a subtle manner and works on improvisation each time,” says the actress.
- Despite having enormous popularity and a giant fan base in Tamil Nadu, Madonna Sebastian was completely unaware of it. It was only recently that she discovered how dearly she is loved down in Tamil Nadu. “Only recently, I came to know I am very popular and I have lot of fans in Tamil Nadu. I wasn’t paying too much attention to that side. I was just happy that Premam was a good movie and I had a good character to play. Once I come to know, I felt quite good that both my movie and character was so well-received in Chennai.” She adds in an interview with Women Exclusive.
- While most people find studies boring in college and go astray, quite the opposite happened for Madonna Sebastian. She was an average student throughout her school years but found a revived interest in books when she joined college.