Check out PV Sindhu age, birthday, Badminton, height, weight, biography, latest news, career achievements, wiki and more.
In 2015, she was honoured with the 4th highest civilian award, the Padma Shri by the former President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee. She’s not only the 1st Indian woman to win a Singles Medal at the World Championships, but also the 1st Indian to win two back-to-back medals in the World Badminton Championships.
Is all this a fairy tale? Or the fruit of labour? She comes from the city famous for its Charminar and Golconda Fort. Maybe that’s why she has inherited the fighting spirit!
|Real name||Pusarla Venkata Sindhu|
|Nickname||PV Sindhu, Sindhu|
|Birthday Date||5 July 1995|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Occupation||Indian badminton player|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Virgo|
|International Debut||Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championships in Colombo in 2009|
|Highest Ranking||2 (4.04.2017)|
3 (19 July 2018)
|Years active||2009 to Present|
|School||Auxilium High School, Secunderabad, India|
|College||St. Ann College for Women’s, Mehdipatnam, Hyderabad|
Sports run in PV Sindhu’s genes. Both her father and mom have played professional Volleyball. Any accolades of Sindhu’s parents? Well, Mr. P V Ramana, Sindhu’s father was conferred with Arjuna Award in 2000 for his exemplary achievements in Volleyball.
|Father||P. V. Ramana|
|Sisters||P. V. Divya(elder sister)|
Height Weight & Body Measurements:
|Height||5 ft 10 1/2 inches|
|Waist Size||26 inches|
|Hips size||36 inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Figure Measurements||34-26-36 inches|
Did you know – since July 2013, P. V. Sindhu has been employed with Bharat Petroleum, as an assistant sports manager with their Hyderabad office? After her silver-medal win at the Rio Olympics, Sindhu was promoted to deputy sports manager.
Boyfriend & Affairs:
Favorite Things And Hobbies:
|Color||White, Yellow and Black|
|Food||Biryani, Mysore Pak Sweet, Italian cuisines, Chinese foods|
|Actors||Tollywood: Mahesh Babu, Prabhas, Bollywood: Hrithik Roshan, Aamir Khan, SRK and Salman Khan|
|Actress||Anushka Sharma and Kajol|
Do bear in mind that even though Sindhu has a great fondness for Chocolates and Hyderabadi Biryani, they have been banned by her coach who keeps a vigilant eye on Sindhu’s meals, training and sleeping pattern.
First Debut: Sindhu’s First International Debit was at 2009 Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championships in Colombo
Brand Endorsements: MOOV pain reliever, Myntra.com, Yonex, Himalaya Honey, Ojasvita, Gatorade (which is PepsiCo’s sports based drink), Bank of Baroda (BoB), Panasonic Batteries (for India and South-East Asia), foods-maker Apis and the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Bill (government’s biggest indirect-taxes reforms since independence). The current endorsements of Sindhu are about INR 1-1.25 crore a day.
Career Achievements: P V Sindhu’s list of awards is long. She won a bronze medal at the Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championship in 2009 (held in Colombo). In 2010, Sindhu bagged Silver in the women’s singles at Iran Fajr International Badminton Challenge in 2010. She won Asia Youth Under-19 Championship (defeating Nozomi Okuhara of Japan)( 2012). In 2012 itself, Sindhu defeated the 2012 London Olympics gold medalist Li Xuerui of Chinai in the 2012 Li Ning China Masters Super Series competition.
At the age of 18, Sindhu got the Arjuna award. Sindhu was also named the 2014 NDTV Indian of the Year. In Malaysian open 2013, Sindhu won the maiden Grand Prix Gold title. She bagged Bronze medals at the World Championship in 2013 and 2014. In 2016, she won a Gold medal at the 2016 Guwahati South Asian Games (Women’s Team) and in Rio Olympics 2016, Sindhu won the Silver.
Remuneration: INR 50-60 Lac
Net Worth: Not known
Social Media Profiles:
Facts about PV Sindhu:
- At the baby age of 8 (yeah, just 8), Sindhu started to play Badminton.
- Who has been Sindhu’s biggest inspiration all along? Her coach – Pullela Gopichand, who has been a former badminton star.
- Sisterly love took a back seat – Sindhu missed her sister’s wedding to attend a Grand Prix at Lucknow.
- Sindhu is the first Indian woman to win a Bronze medal in women’s singles category at the world Championship in 2013.
- Where did Sindhu start her Badminton training? At the Indian Railway Institute in Secunderabad (under the guidance of Mehboob Ali). Later on, she moved to Pullela Gopichand’s Badminton Academy for training. Gopichand – as you know – is Sindhu’s present coach.
- Guess the prize the Badminton Association of India gave to P V Sindhu for her victory in the 2015 Macau Open Badminton Championships? INR 10 lakh (US $15,000).
- For her performance in the 2016 Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold women’s singles title, Badminton Association of India awarded Sindhu a cash prize of 5 lakh (US $7,400).
- For qualifying as a participant in the Olympics, Sindhu got 1.01 lakh (US $1,500) from Bollywood star-n-celebrity Salman Khan.
- Ask the turning point in P V Sindhu’s career – when she won Gold at the 2011 Douglas Commonwealth Youth Games singles
- In 2014, P V Sindhu was given FICCI Breakthrough Sportsperson of the Year.
- When she is not playing badminton, take a guess what she loves to do? Use Whatsapp!
So how was it like knowing P V Sindhu? Write in your likes and comments.