‘Milk Beauty’, ‘Tammy’ are some of the names of ‘Bahubali’ Tamanna Bhatia. She started her Bollywood career in 2005 where she played a leading role in the film Chand Sa Roshan Chehra. This happened when she was all of 16 years. The same year, she performed in the music video Lafzon Mein Keh Na Saku of the first Indian Idol winner Abhijeet Sawant, which made film producers and directors notice her and approach her for their films.
Then Telugu and Tamil films happened. Currently, she is working in Bollywood industry opposite some of the top actors. Although she is an introvert in real life, she is one of the highest paid actresses in South Indian cinema, who has acted in nearly 50 films in 3 different languages. Nothing is ever a barrier for Tamannaah Bhatia.
What’s in a ‘name change’? Astrology is the answer. Apparently, after consulting a numerologist, she went ahead and changed her name to Tamannaah. Ah!
|Real name||Tamannaah Bhatia|
|Nickname||Tammy, Tamannaah, Milk Beauty|
|Birthday Date||21 December 1989|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Occupation||Actress, Model, and Dancer|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Sagittarius|
|Hobbies||Singing, Travelling, and dancing|
[Read: Mehreen Pirzada Biography]
|School||Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School, Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|College||National College, Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Education Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts(BA) in Distance Education|
|Father||Santhosh Bhatia(Financial adviser)|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches, 1.68 m|
|Waist Size||27 inches|
|Hips size||35 inches|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Figure Measurements||33-27-35 inches|
Boyfriends & Marriage:
What’s cricketing got to do with acting? Well, well, well.
Tamannaah Bhatia met Indian cricketer Virat Kohli (now Anushka’s love interest) for the first time while shooting for an ad on Celkon. Quite naturally, Virat got wooed by the beauty of Tammy. They started dating in the year 2012. But it was short-lived. Apparently, Izabelle Leite, a Brazilian actress could be the reason for Tamannaah-Virat split (since Virat had started dating Izabelle).
Her ideal man?
He should have a clean, honest and pure nature. No nasty, dirty, wicked and impure personality for her.
Seems like she is very clear on the type of man she wants or would want to know. For now, marriage is not on her mind. When the time is right, she will settle down. Maybe a couple of years.
|Color||Red, Blue, and Blue|
|Food||Biryani, Yogurt, Punjabi delicacies, Soft drinks, Chocolates, and Ice Creams|
|Place||Goa, Dubai, Mumbai, Paris|
|Brands||NARS, Makeup brands, and Chanel|
|Actors||Hrithik Roshan and Mahesh Babu|
|Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Anushka Shetty, and Preity Zinta|
|Films||Dil To Pagal Hai, Anand, Life is Beautiful, Himmatwala, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, and Erin Brockovich|
Zee Telugu, Celkon Mobiles, Fanta, Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap, Salem-based jewelry shop AVR, Khazana Jewelry, Saravana Stores, Shakthi Masala, Joh Rivaaz (sarees), Power Soap, Sun Direct and RMKV are some of the brands which Tamannah has endorsed.
In January 2016, Tammy became the brand ambassador of the Govt. of India’s campaign Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao.
Tammy’s filmy graph speaks a lot of her desire and concentration to prove her acting mettle. Some of her meaty roles include films Himmatwala (opp. Ajay Devgn), Chand Sa Roshan Chehra (opp. Samir Aftab), Sri (opp. Manoj Kumar), Bahubali – The Beginning (opp. Prabhas) and Bahubali 2 – The Conclusion (also featuring Prabhas).
She is the first actress from India who got nominated for Best Supporting Actress at Saturn Awards. She also bagged “Dayawati Modi” Award (among the highest awards in India in the field of Art, Culture and Education) in 2017 and Kalaimamani Awards from Honourable Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
|Net Worth||15 crores|
|Salary per Film||1 to 1.75 crores|
Social Media Profiles:
Latest and Upcoming Movies List:
|Baahubali 2||Avanthika||Tamil, Telugu||2017|
|Anbanavan Asaradhavan Adangadhavan||Ramya||Tamil||2017|
|Jai Lava Kusa||Herself||Telugu||2017, in the song ‘Swing Zara’|
|Naa Nuvve||Meera||Telugu||2018, Filming|
|Aa Bb Kk||–||Marathi||2018, Filming|
|That Is Mahalakshmi||–||Telugu||2018|
|F2 – Fun and Frustration||–||Telugu||2018|
|Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy||–||Telugu, Tamil, Hindi(filming)||2019|
Table Source: Wikipedia
- She knows not one but four languages – Hindi, English, Telugu and Tamil.
- Whenever she is at home, Tammy likes to dress up in simple attires – track pants, T-shirts, and NO MAKEUP.
- Ever wondered why Tammy is called the Milk Splendour of the Southern film industry? Because she is very fair.
- To improve on her acting skills, the beautiful lady Tamannah worked in Prithvi theatre for a year. Goes to show her itch to learn and unlearn acting, doesn’t it?
- In 2005, when Tammy Bhatia debuted in the Hindi film “Chand Sa Roshan Chehra”, she also made her debut in Telugu film “Sri” in the same year.
- Most people think that Tamannaah switched from south Indian film industry to North. Fact is she started the other way round with the Hindi film Chand Sa Roshan Chehra (which went unnoticed at the BO).
- Nice of Tamannaah to see Madhuri Dixit as her role model.
- She is a hot favorite ‘actress’ in Sajid Khan Productions.
- She won the Best Actor Female awards at CineMAA Awards 2011 and The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011 for the film 100% Love.
- She is always keen to experiment with different looks. She has a deep love for Anarkalis, Kurtis, tunics, and lehengas.
- Shoe-love it is! Tamannaah loves to collecting shoes (she is fond of Jimmy Choo). Other than this, she also likes to maintain her range of lipsticks and make-up products.
- Tammy and her shopping pursuits. Well, the actress-lady loves to spurge on expensive bags. Some of her recent buys include a Louis Vuitton and a Yves Saint Laurent (YSL).
- When it comes to dressing up, Tamannaah takes all of 15 minutes to turn herself from a girl-next-door to a glamorous diva.
- Some of the favorite shopping destinations of Ms. Tammy include Forever 21, H&M, Dior and Champs–Elysees in Paris.
Do tell us how you found this decoding piece on Tamannaah Bhatia.