Alia Bhatt was introduced to us as the Student Of The Year. Shanaya is her nickname, though some sources reveal that she is popularly known as “Aloo” in her circuit. In Udta Punjab, her performance was critically acclaimed. She is soon to start shooting for Ayan Mukherji’s sci-fi fantasy film, Dragon and she considers herself a “director’s actor”.
Her father Mahesh Bhatt is her best friend, and Karan Johar, her mentor (that’s a lethal combo on a professional scale too). Meet Alia Bhatt, who loves to sing, party, workout at the gym, and going by her track record “act to awards”.
|Born||15th March 1993 (age 26)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Parents||Mahesh Bhatt & Soni Razdan|
Alia Bhatt Biography/Wiki:
Check out Alia Bhatt age, height, body, family, caste, education, college, parents, mother, siblings, boyfriends, affairs, hot, marriage photos, sister, husband, movies, images, photos, net worth, new movie, biography and more.
|Nickname||Shanaya, aloo, Alia|
|Birthday Date||15th March 1993|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Occupation||Actress and Singer|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Pisces|
|Hobbies||Yoga, Singing, Party, Listening to Music and Gymming|
[Read: Sonam Kapoor Biography]
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Father||Mahesh Bhatt (Indian film director, producer, and screenwriter)|
|Mother||Soni Razdan (British-Indian actress)|
|Siblings/Brothers||Rahul Bhatt (step-brother)|
|Sister||Pooja Bhatt (step-sister), Shaheen Bhatt (Elder)|
For an actress, height matters as much as looks. Anything special about Alia?
Height, Weight, Body Measurements:
|Height||5 feet 3 inches or 160cm|
|Weight||55kgs or 119 lbs|
|Waist Size||28 inches|
|Hips size||35 inches|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Dress Size||2 US|
|Figure Measurements||34-28-35 inches|
Incidentally, Alia’s Dress Size is 2 (going by US standards)
|Boyfriend||Ramesh Dubey, Ali Dadarkar, Varun Dhawan|
The only “linkup” that we know of Alia Bhatt is with her film stars and contemporaries Varun Dhawan (who Alia B. co-starred with in the movie Badrinath ki Dulhania) and Sidharth Malhotra (her ‘Student of the Year’ co-star).
Other than that, Alia had her childhood boyfriend Ramesh Dubey in Class 6th, and Ali Dadarkar (childhood BF-and-close-friend).
Pikka, her cat (who she calls ‘a child’) is who Alia Bhatt plays with, when alone at home. You can call that hobby time. Here are some more things which Alia loves the most.
|Color||Red and Black|
|Food||Rasgulla, French Fries, Moong Dal Halwa, Raagi chips and Dahi-Chawal|
|Place||Hali, London, and Himachal Pradesh|
|Brand||Gucci perfumes, Maybelline|
|Actor||Shahrukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Govinda, Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Actress||Kareena Kapoor, Kim Kardashian, Kangana Ranaut ,and Jennifer Lawrence|
|Films||Student of the Year, Dear Zindagi, and Badrinath Ki Dulhania|
Did you know?
Alia Bhatt has sung six songs for her films, participated in stage shows and has launched her own line of clothing for women.
In the film Sangharsh (1999), as a child actor (when Alia was all of 5 years)
Alia Bhatt is the new brand ambassador of LUX beauty soap; yes, it is that same beauty soap which has many “ace” Bollywood film actresses endorsements. Other than that, Alia is the successful face of Maybelline, Garnier, Coco-Cola.
Alia Bhatt was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut (for the film ‘Student of the Year’). She won Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress (for the film ‘Highway’), and Filmfare Award for Best Actress (for the film ‘Udta Punjab’).
She draws a handsome salary of 4-5 crores per film. With her growing film success and star power, there is no stopping the pound-shilling-pence of Alia Bhatt.
2 million USD
|Net Worth||2 million(13 crores)|
|Remuneration/Salary per Film||4 to 5 crores|
Social Media Profiles:
|Breakfast||Vegetable juices, Fruit juice, Idly, dos, and sambhar|
|Lunch||Rice with dal and Rotis|
|Post-lunch||Papaya and salads|
|Brunch||Rabri, Kheer, and Pasta, noodles and soft drinks|
|Dinner||Chicken breast, Rotis, and Yogurts|
There are plenty – like for instance, She has launched her own clothing line for women, in association with Jabong.com. Kudos! There are many more facts about Alia you ought to know:
- The Bhatt babe, Alia, wishes she could clone herself and be at different places at the same time (is that the “cue” of her next film? Dunno)
- You know what pisses off Alia Bhatt the most? When she doesn’t get her food on time (she incidentally has a lazy Sunday breakfast most of the times)
- In her free time, Alia Bhatt enjoys doing charcoal painting
- At the “baby” age of 4 years, Alia enrolled at Shiamak Davar’s academy. Now you know where those hot and sizzling dance steps come from.
- Alia loves cats and there is no surprise that she avidly supports PETA in their social campaigns on homeless animals.
- Knowing her Mumbai upbringing, it is a sure surprise (and welcome) on finding that Alia Bhatt loves talking in Punjabi (which is her mother tongue).
- Any movies directed by her father Mahesh Bhatt that Alia wants to be a part of? Yes, there are two – Dil Hai Ki Maanta Nahi (where her step sister Pooja Bhatt was the main female lead) and Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (which had Juhi Chawla opposite Aamir Khan).
- Candlelight dinners are something every girl would swoon over – but not Alia Bhatt. She hates them.
- Take a guess – how many girls were auditioned before Alia Bhatt was finally signed for the KJo film “Student of the Year”? The correct answer – Four Hundred Girls!!
- Alia babe is a big fan of ‘Bebo’ Kareena Kapoor (though she never imitates her).
- Alia Bhatt has done playback singing for the song “Sooha Saaha” in the film Highway (2014). None other than A. R. Rahman, the composer of Highway, invited her to his music school to undergo training for the songs.
- Talk of material possessions, Alia wants to have a house of her own in London.
- What makes Alia Bhatt get turned on by men? Their sense of humour and their perfume!
- As far as the “schools of dance” go, Alia Bhatt likes Ballet and Kathak.
- Her upcoming movies are Kalank, Student of the Year 2, Brahmastra and RRR
So by now – are you attracted to or besotted by Alia Bhatt? Feel free to write your comments on what makes you love Alia – her looks, her bubbly charm or her mind-blowing performances?