Born: 7 January 1979 (age 41), New Delhi
Height: 5′ 6”
Parents: Hirak Basu(father), Mamta Basu(mother)
Siblings: Sisters: Bidisha Basu, Bijoyeta Basu
Spouse: Karan Singh Grover (age 38, m. April 30 2016)
TV shows: Darr Sabko Lagta Hai, Arjun
Upcoming Movie: Adhaat
Net Worth: Bipasha Basu current net worth is $15 million
Years active: 1996 – present
Bips, Bonny, Bipsy, Bippy.… call her anything this list of nicknames, the true meaning of her name is “deep, dark desire”. At the age of 17, she started modeling. In the year 1996, she became the winner of “Godrej Cinthol Supermodel Contest“.This gave her a chance to go to New York to take forward her modeling career.
Several magazines have named her one of the most desirable women in the world. She is not brand conscious, as she doesn’t mind picking up clothes even from small stores.
She is an insane fitness freak, so much so, that she launched her own fitness DVDs! Bipasha Basu dislikes waiting on the sets after putting on her make-up and has performed in numerous item numbers, apart from acting in both lead and negative roles. This is the story of the hot and sizzling Bipasha Basu!
“As a child, I was a tomboy and I was pampered a lot, due to which I became very naughty. I used to keep a stick in my hand and straighten out all the colony boys if they acted smart. I used to be very short as a child and I was the monitor in school. When the tall boys would be up to mischief, I’d jump on their back during breaks and pull their hair and beat them up”.
|Birthday Date||March 22nd, 1975|
|Birth Place||Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Occupation||Actress, Singer, Voice Actress, Lyricist, Music Composer, and Dancer|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Sagittarius|
|Age (as in 2020)||41 years|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Singing, dancing, and listening music|
|Sisters||Bijoyeta Basu, Bidisha Basu|
|Husband||Karan Singh Grover(m. 2016)|
|Waist Size||26 inches|
|Hips size||34 inches|
|Bra Size||33 B|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Figure Measurements||33-26-34 inches|
Boyfriends | Affairs:
|Boyfriends||Karan Singh Grover|
Dino Morea, John Abraham, Harman Baweja (Bollywood actor) and Karan Singh Grover (KSG) – these are the ‘few’ men who have made Bips love life interesting and worth taking a note of.
Her relationship graph goes like this:
In 1996, Bips got into a relationship with Dino Morea (her ‘Raaz’ co-star). They broke up in 2002.
Then after the filming of ‘Jism’, Bips started dating her male co-star John Abraham. They were in a serious relationship till the early of 2011, when they broke up.
SUPERCOUPLE? Yes, this is the word which was used by the Indian media to describe both Bips and Abraham.
Cut to 19 February 2014. Bips confirmed she was in a relationship with actor Harman Baweja. And in December that very year, Bips said they had broken up.
Now it was in 2015 that Bipasha dated Karan Singh Grover (her ‘Alone’ co-star who was never alone when their hearts met).
On April 30, 2016, Bipasha Basu and KSG were man and wife. Plenty of celebrities attended their wedding reception namely SRK, Salman Khan, Dino Morea (!), Sanjay Dutt, Ranbir Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Preity Zinta, Sushmita Sen, Bobby Deol, Shamita Shetty, Riteish Deshmukh, Bachchan Parivar.
Their honeymoon and vacay goals are something to talk about (suntan, beaches, lip-locks). By the way, this couple is a regular at spas and gyms in Amchi Mumbai.
Hey, they have completed one year of their marital bliss. Congrats to Bips-KSG. They are completely smitten by each other, showering hugs and kisses on one another.
First Debut: In 2002, in the film Ajnabee (for which she won Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut and IIFA Award for Star Debut of the Year)
Brand Endorsements: LaOpala, Dabur Real Activ, Sugar-Free Gold, Panasonic Mobile Phones, Emami Vasocare, Gili, Aristocrat Luggage, LivLite Pure Ghee, Dicitex Furnishing, Byond Tech Electronics Pvt. Ltd, Kshitij Builders, Calida.
Bips has many awards to her credit – In 2013, she got Stardust Award for Style Icon of the Year; in 2009, it was IIFA Award for Style Diva of the Year for her; GIFA Best Actress Award in 2007, GIFA Critics Best Actress Award, and Bollywood Movie Award – Best Actress 2007 (all three) for the film Corporate; in 2003, Zee Cine Award for Dynamic Duo for Raaz ; and in 2004, Bollywood Movie Award – Best Villain for Jism.
Remuneration: INR 1-2 crore
Net Worth: INR 100 crore
|The House Next Door(Tamil)||Lakshmi|
|Vishwaroopam II(Tamil)||Ashmita Subramaniam|
|Vishwaroop 2(Hindi)||Ashmita Subramaniam|
|Aadat Diaries(Hindi)||Neha Singh|
- Because of her tomboy looks, Bips was called the “lady gunda” by those who knew her.
- How did Bips get into modeling? In 1996, Bips was spotted at a hotel in Kolkata by the famous model Mehr Jessia Rampal, who gave her the advice of getting into modeling. And then what happened? Bips took note of the suggestion and participated in and won the Godrej Cinthol Supermodel Contest (Ford company had organized it). She then represented India at “Ford Models Supermodel of the World” contest held in Miami.
- Did you know, Bipasha Basu would have made her B-town debut in an Akshaye Khanna movie? Hard to believe, right? Late Vinod Khanna (veteran actor and Akshaye’s father) had offered Bips a chance to act opposite his son Akshaye in Himalay Putra. Bips thought she was too young to work in films, so the offer went to actress Anjala Zaveri.
- In her list of brand endorsements, there is one which will be of sufficient interest to you. Bips had appeared in the Calida commercial with her then-boyfriend Dino Morea. This commercial was controversial because it had pictured them in a sultry pose. Which is why it sent some protesters outside her house after the commercial was viewed by the common man.
- Was modeling and acting her career choice? NOPE. She wanted to be a doctor (because she believed she wasn’t good looking and that her chances of becoming a model and a cine star are very slim). Destiny had something else chalked out for her. Lo and behold, she left her studies mid-way to get into modeling.
- Eating-wise, Bips follows a strict diet but in real life, she is a big foodie. She loves Bengali dishes, particularly Posto-Bhaat.
- Her role in the movie ‘Corporate’ was actually meant for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. As luck would have it, this role fell in Bips’ lap.
- Ash was finalized for the film ‘Singularity’. But, since she was unavailable to do the role, it was Bipasha who bagged the role.
- Though she is athletic and has performed daring and adventurous roles in movies, Bips is afraid of heights. The Bong diva has confessed she has a phobia of heights.
- One helluva party gal she is, but at the same time, Bips loves reading in her spare time. John Grisham and Robin Cook are her favorite authors.
- Paris is her most romantic destination. She is a travel addict and is smitten by the beauty of Paris.
- Hey, this one is cute. Do you know, Bips named her dog Poshto? Why but? Because her favorite dish is ‘poshto’, which is prepared by crushing poppy seeds.
- What is Bipasha’s favorite TV serial? Not the K-soaps but Sarah Jessica Parker-starrer Sex and the City.
- Was she a born-swimmer? No. She had a near-death experience during the filming of the movie Shikhar which made her decide on learning swimming.
- One regret she has in life – that she could not complete her higher studies. As mentioned earlier, Bips had to leave her studies midway to pursue a career in modeling.
- This was Bipasha Basu for you. Please don’t forget to share your feedback about this post in the comments section below.