Born: Mouni Roy, 28 Sept 1985 (age 34), in Kolkata
Height: 5 ft 6 inch
Parents: Mother Mukti Roy & father Anil Roy
Siblings: Brother Mukhar Roy
Upcoming movies: Brahmastra, Dabangg 3 and Mogul
Known for: Naagin, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Years active: 2007 – present
She is one of TV’s top stars and currently plays a lead role in a show. Mouni Roy has a 10-year career in television but it was “Naagin” that gave her the star status. She is fondly called as Maanya, even Mon by her pals, family members, and loved ones. She is best known for her role in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as Krishna Tulsi and her portrayal of Sati in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev opposite Mohit Raina. With so many cues, I am sure you can guess the name of the actress I am talking about. It’s Mouni Roy.
|Real name||Mouni Roy|
|Nickname||Maanya, Mouni, Mon|
|Birthday Date||28 September 1985|
|Birth Place||Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India|
|Occupation||TV Actress, Film Actress|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Libra|
|Hobbies||Sketching, Travelling, dancing, and Reading|
|School||Mouni schooling is Kendriya Vidyalaya in Baburhat, Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India|
|College||Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi, Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi|
|Education Qualifications||English Honors and Course in Mass Communication|
|Father||Anil Roy (Superintendent of Police)|
|Mother||Mukti Roy (Teacher)|
Do you know the name of Mouni’s close friend? Sanjeeda Sheikh – yet another TV actress who has played good roles and has stunning looks. Sanjeeda is Mouni’s friend-guide-love and BESTIE! So much that Mouni loves to show her bonding with Sanjeeda on her social media platforms. That’s nice.
|Waist Size||26 inches|
|Hips size||34 inches|
|Breast size||34 B|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Figure Measurements||34-26-34 inches|
Boyfriend, Affairs |Past Relationships:
There are just two names you need to know.
Mouni Roy has been involved with two handsome hunks and telly actors – Gaurav Chopra (Bigg Boss 10 contestant) and Mohit Raina (who has played the lead role of the Hindu god ‘Shiva’ in the TV series, Devon Ke Dev – Mahadev and Mahabharata). Just being inquisitive – couldn’t she have picked a man from a different stream?
Coming back to the ‘relationship’ status, Gaurav had started dating Mouni after splitting with actor Narayani Shastri. Both Gaurav and Mouni were contestants on the show Pati Patni Aur Woh. After remaining a couple of few years, the two parted ways. Reason? Standard answer – personal issues.
Now for Mohit Raina. In an interview to Times of India, Mohit Raina said that he and Mouni aren’t getting married this year. In fact, Mouni and Mohit are extremely private and have never gone to the public and press acknowledging their rumored romance.
We wish them luck!
|Color||Red, Blue, and White|
|Food||Kadi Chawal, Mishti Doi, Khichdi, and Chinese food|
|Brands||Body Shop, Wynk me (eyelashes), Lancôme, MAC|
|Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Ryan Gosling, and Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi|
First Debut: Ekta Kapoor’s popular TV series aired on Star Plus “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”
Brand Endorsements: Tulsi Hair Oil
Career Achievements: Just recently, Mouni Roy has won Best Actress at the ITA Awards for her performance in and as ‘Naagin’
Remuneration: Not known
Net Worth: Not known
Mouni Roy said in an interview about Ekta Kapoor, maker of Naagin tv soap – “Ekta is one person who is the heart and soul of any show. It’s a pleasure to go for the narrations with her. She creates such new characters. I must say she is a beautiful story teller and I look forward to having narrations with her. She knew the chord and she knew ‘Naagin’ could be a success. She wrote the right story.”
TV Shows | Movies:
Her latest movie Bollywood movie ‘Gold’ opposite Akshay Kumar
|Show||Role||Language||Channel & Year|
|Big Boss11||Herself||Hindi||Colors TV 2017|
|Lip Sing Battle||Contestant||Hindi||Star Plus 2017|
|Nagini||Shivanya Ritik Singh, Shivangi Rocky Pratap Singh||Hindi, Telugu||Colors TV 2015-2017|
|RAW-Romeo Akbar Walter||–||Hindi|
|Made in China||–||Hindi|
Facts about Mouni Roy:
- Mouni Roy’s grandpa Shekhar Chandra Roy was a famous theatre artist in West Bengal. Now we know why acting is in Mouni’s blood.
- She worked as a ‘Choreographer’ in her college days.
- How many of you know that Mouni is a trained Kathak and Ballerina dancer? If not for acting, she could have certainly made way to dancing as a full-time. She was well-appreciated by audience for her performance in the dance realty show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
- Talk of ‘arts’ and Mouni is a big lover. Whenever she has some free time on her hands, she loves to sketch and paint.
- Who is her best friend? Books! Mouni loves to read when she is travelling or wants to spend some lone time.
- Travel-freak is what describes Mouni Roy. Tell a place she hasn’t been to. She’s been to Dubai, Hong Kong, USA, Europe. I wish and hope she has travelled in and discovered India that much.
- As for attire, Mouni loves to dress up in Western wear – skirts, shorts. And she looks super beautiful and hot in them.
- Mouni loves the company of children. This explains her caring nature. Surely, she would be a great mom!
- Who is Mouni Roy’s role model or idol? None other but her father.
- Supposing she had a hectic schedule. She can’t resist hitting the bed to grab some sleep.
- What’s Mouni’s favourite song? The beautiful song ‘Lag Jaa Gale’ from the movie ‘Woh Kaun Thi’.
- Mohit Raina and Mouni shared screen together in “Devon Ke Dev Mahadev”. As luck would have it, they fell in love with each other. Let’s see when the wedding bells ring!
Hope you enjoyed reading this post. No hesitation please. Write your comments below!