Mouni Roy Biography, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Wiki & More
Born: Mouni Roy, 28 Sept 1985 (age 36), in Kolkata
Height: 5 ft 6 inch
Parents: Mother Mukti Roy & father Anil Roy
Husband: Suraj Nambiar(m.2022)
Siblings: Brother Mukhar Roy
Upcoming movies: Brahmastra and Mogul
Known for: Naagin, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Current Net Worth: Her estimated net worth is $1 million
Years active: 2007 – present
In a Hindu ceremony on 27th January 2022, popular actress Mouni Roy from the show “Naagin” has been wedded to Suraj Nambiar. The two were engaged in a traditional Hindu ceremony at the Meghapura Palace in Nagpur. In the ceremony, family and friends attended to show their support for the newlyweds.
She is one of TV’s top stars and currently plays a lead role in a show. Mouni Roy has a 10-year career in television but it was “Naagin” that gave her the star status. She is fondly called as Maanya, even Mon by her pals, family members, and loved ones. She is best known for her role in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as Krishna Tulsi and her portrayal of Sati in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev opposite Mohit Raina. With so many cues, I am sure you can guess the name of the actress I am talking about. It’s Mouni Roy.
|Real name||Mouni Roy|
|Nickname||Maanya, Mouni, Mon|
|Birthday Date||28 September 1985|
|Birth Place||Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India|
|Occupation||TV Actress, Film Actress|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Libra|
|Hobbies||Sketching, Travelling, dancing, and Reading|
|School||Mouni schooling is Kendriya Vidyalaya in Baburhat, Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India|
|College||Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi, Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi|
|Education Qualifications||English Honors and Course in Mass Communication|
Mouni Roy’s parents are Sikhs who hail from Chandigarh, India. They also hold positions of high office in the Indian government. Mouni Roy’s dad is a Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi and her mom is a former member of the National Commission for Women.
|Father||Anil Roy (Superintendent of Police)|
|Mother||Mukti Roy (Teacher)|
She has garnered legions of fans who are eager to know about her personal life. Recently, it was revealed that she is married to Suraj Nambiar, a businessman from Kerala.
|Waist Size||26 inches|
|Hips size||34 inches|
|Breast size||34 B|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Figure Measurements||34-26-34 inches|
Mouni Roy and her husband Suraj Nambiar tied the knot in a lavish and intimate ceremony at his home in Pune, India. The wedding went off without a hitch as Mouni’s father, Harendra Hindocha, walked her down the aisle to join the groom, who was waiting for her with flowers and a kiss. The couple said their vows as close as they could be as they exchanged rings.
There are just two names you need to know.
Coming back to the ‘relationship’ status, Gaurav had started dating Mouni after splitting with actor Narayani Shastri. Both Gaurav and Mouni were contestants on the show Pati Patni Aur Woh. After remaining a couple of few years, the two parted ways. Reason? Standard answer – personal issues.
Now for Mohit Raina. In an interview to Times of India, Mohit Raina said that he and Mouni aren’t getting married this year. In fact, Mouni and Mohit are extremely private and have never gone to the public and press acknowledging their rumored romance.
We wish them luck!
|Color||Red, Blue, and White|
|Food||Kadi Chawal, Mishti Doi, Khichdi, and Chinese food|
|Brands||Body Shop, Wynk me (eyelashes), Lancôme, MAC|
|Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Ryan Gosling, and Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi|
First Debut: Ekta Kapoor’s popular TV series aired on Star Plus “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”
Brand Endorsements: Tulsi Hair Oil
Career Achievements: Just recently, Mouni Roy has won Best Actress at the ITA Awards for her performance in and as ‘Naagin’
Remuneration: 6.5 crores(Estimated)
Net Worth: $1 Million
Mouni Roy said in an interview about Ekta Kapoor, maker of Naagin tv soap – “Ekta is one person who is the heart and soul of any show. It’s a pleasure to go for the narrations with her. She creates such new characters. I must say she is a beautiful story teller and I look forward to having narrations with her. She knew the chord and she knew ‘Naagin’ could be a success. She wrote the right story.”
TV Shows | Movies
Mouni Roy is one of the most popular actresses in India. She has starred in several TV shows, including Naagin and Gold. Mouni’s fans love her for her natural acting skills and beautiful looks. She is also a very talented dancer. Mouni is set to make her Bollywood debut in an upcoming film called Brahmastra.
|Show||Role||Language||Channel & Year|
|Big Boss11||Herself||Hindi||Colors TV 2017|
|Lip Sing Battle||Contestant||Hindi||Star Plus 2017|
|Nagini||Shivanya Ritik Singh, Shivangi Rocky Pratap Singh||Hindi, Telugu||Colors TV 2015-2017|
|RAW-Romeo Akbar Walter||–||Hindi|
|Made in China||–||Hindi|
Facts about Mouni Roy
- Mouni Roy’s grandpa Shekhar Chandra Roy is well known to the people of West Bengal. Now we know the reason for Mouni’s fascination with acting.
- Mouni Roy worked as a “Choreographers” during her college years.
- How many of you know that Mouni is a trained Kathak and Ballerina dancer? If not for acting, she could have certainly made way to dancing as a full-time. She was well-appreciated by audience for her performance in the dance realty show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
- Talk of ‘arts’ and Mouni is a big lover. Whenever she has some free time on her hands, she loves to sketch and paint.
- Who is her best friend? Books! Mouni loves to read when she is travelling or wants to spend some lone time.
- Travel-freak is what describes Mouni Roy. Tell a place she hasn’t been to. She’s been to Dubai, Hong Kong, USA, Europe. I wish and hope she has travelled in and discovered India that much.
- As for attire, Mouni loves to dress up in Western wear – skirts, shorts. And she looks super beautiful and hot in them.
- Mouni loves the company of children. This explains her caring nature. Surely, she would be a great mom!
- Mouni Roy’s role model or idol is none other but her father.
- What’s Mouni’s favourite song? The beautiful song ‘Lag Jaa Gale’ from the movie ‘Woh Kaun Thi’.
- Mohit Raina and Mouni shared screen together in “Devon Ke Dev Mahadev”. As luck would have it, they fell in love with each other. Let’s see when the wedding bells ring!
Mouni Roy is an accomplished actress who has worked in both television and film. She is known for her roles in the television series, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Naagin. She has also starred in the films, Gold and Brahmastra. Mouni Roy is a talented actress who has a bright future ahead of her.