Born: Samantha Ruth Prabhu, 28 April 1987 (age 34) in Chennai
Height: 5′ 2″
Parents: Her mother Ninette Prabhu, and father Joseph Prabhu
Siblings: Brothers: Jonathan Prabhu, David Prabhu
First Husband: Naga Chaitanya(age 35)
Current Net worth: 356 crores and salary per film is 2.5 crores
Upcoming movies: ‘NTR30’ Samantha and Shruti Haasan combination in Telugu film directed by Trivikram Srinivas, and Tamil Movie ‘Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaadhal’
Years active: 2013 – present
Samantha has worked in over 18 Telugu films and 14 Tamil films (which is quite an achievement given the short span of time she has been in the industry). She has won 4 Filmfare Awards, has been (and is) a celebrity endorser for brands and products, and has started her own NGO. Let us know more about the young, beautiful and sassy Samantha Akkineni.
Let us know more about the young, beautiful and sassy Akkineni Samantha age, height, wiki, biography and many more.
|Real name||Samantha Ruth Prabhu|
|Nickname||Yasodha, Sam, and Yasho|
|Married name||Samantha Akkineni|
|Birthday Date||28th April 1987|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Taurus|
|Hobbies||Shopping, dancing, gymming, and reading|
[Read: Kajal Aggarwal Biography]
|School||Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai, TN, India|
|College||B.Com in Stella Maris College Chennai, Tamilnadu, India|
|Education Qualifications||Degree in Commerce|
|Father||Joseph Prabhu(He is an Andharapradesh)|
|Mother||Ninette(She is a Kerela)|
|Brother||David Prabhu, Jonathan Prabhu(Elder brothers)|
|Husband/Spouse||Naga Chaitanya(m.2017-2021 divorce)|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches, 1.68 m|
|Waist Size||26 inches|
|Hips size||34 inches|
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
|Shoe Size||7 US|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Figure Measurements||34-26-34 inches|
Boyfriend | Affairs:
Samantha | her Husband Naga Chaitanya
Actress Samantha and Siddharth(South-based actor) started dating while shooting for their film Jabardasth. Both of them never openly admitted to their relationship. It’s another story that they were seen together at events (and often). Samantha Ruth Prabhu relationship with Siddharth lasted between two-and-a-half years, between 2013 to 2015.
And then, one fine day, South Indian superstar Nagarjuna’s son Naga Chaitanya came into her life.
Samantha and Naga fell in love with each other way back in 2009, during a film shooting. On January 29, 2017, the two got officially engaged in the presence of their friends and family members.
They have dated for 8 years (hats off to them)!
The Good news is that Samantha Ruth Prabhu will be getting married to Naga Chaitanya in October 2017.
Chaitanya was quoted as saying “We will announce the full details once everything is finalized. But the marriage will take place in October as per our traditions and her family traditions.”
In one of his interviews, Chaitanya said “Yes, our wedding is on October 6. We didn’t get a chance to announce the date as it was revealed on stage at an awards function.”
As for the wedding details, it is going to be a destination wedding in Goa (though the two of them are confused about the venue).
It goes without saying that the wedding is going to be lavish.
As for Samantha’s professional commitments after marriage, Chaitanya says “Whether she chooses to do one film or ten is entirely her choice. But she will continue with her career after marriage.”
Naga Chaitanya – in an interview to news agency IANS – said that he ‘enjoys’ being asked about his wedding plans and fiancee Samantha. “Wherever I go, I’m asked about my marriage. I believe this phase, where people constantly want to know about my marriage, it won’t last long. Let me enjoy while it lasts,” he said.
|Color||Red, Blue, Black, and Black|
|Food||Sweet Pongal, Chicken, Paalakova, and Fish|
|Brands||Zara, Balmain, Bulgari Black, and Forever 21|
|Actors||Akkineni Nagarjuna, Rajnikanth, Saravanan Sivakumar (Suriya), Dhanush, Kamal Haasan|
|Actress||Audrey Hepburn, Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, and Shobhana|
|Films||Ye Maaya Chesave|
First Debut: ‘Ye Maaya Chesave ‘ was Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s debut movie in Tollywood for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut South and Nandi Award in the year 2012. One interesting thing here – despite signing up for Ravi Varman’s Moscowin Kavery in mid-2007, Sam’s first major release was the critically acclaimed Gautham Menon Movei, Ye Maaya Chesave.
Brand Endorsements: Gokul Sandal, Chik Shampoo, Saravana Stores, Odonil Room Freshening Gel, Dabur Vatika Hair Oil.
She bagged the Filmfare Award for Best Tamil Actress (for the film Neethaane En Ponvasantham) and Filmfare Award for Best Telugu Actress (for the film Eega) in the year 2013. Sam is the second Tamil actress after Revathi to have won both the titles. In the year 2014, Sam received the SIIMA Award for Best Actress for her movie Attarintiki Daredi.
Remuneration: 2 Crores (She is the 2nd actress in the Top 10 Highest Paid Actresses in Tollywood 2017)
Net Worth: $ 10 million
Her upcoming movies are Seema Raja, Super Deluxe, U-Turn
|Raju Gari Gadhi 2||Amrutha||Telugu||2017|
|Irumbu Thirai||Rathi Devi||Tamil||2018|
|Jaanu|| Janaki Devi aka Jaanu||Telugu||2020|
- What is the meaning of the word Samantha? It means “Listener of God”. Since the name implies spirituality, the lady is a bit spiritual too.
- She draws inspiration from the legendary Hollywood actress Audrey Hepburn.
- Shocking and not-so-shocking but She is the first ever heroine who dared to do many lip-locks in her debut movie.
- Just a few films old (after her debut) and She was seen in a bold bikini (which was mind-blowing for the audience).
- Never mind she is a South Indian actress, but She enjoys Sushi (which is Japanese food) a lot. Besides this, She also loves nibbling into Dairy Milk chocolate bar.
- Sam has established an NGO “Pratyusha Support” for encouraging health care facilities in specific regions. This NGO provides treatment to deprived children and females who are sick.
- In her early years, She was not well-off monetarily. To overcome it, she did part-time jobs and got into modeling for a brief stint. It was Ravi Varman (famous cinematographer-cum-director) who noticed Samantha and introduced her to the film industry. This is how she got moulded into an actress.
- In 2010, SRP, the beautiful Tollywood actress appeared in the music video for World Classical Tamil Conference alongside R. Rahman and Gautham Menon.
- Tamil is her mother tongue and She is fluent in Tamil.
- Samantha’s debut in Tollywood film Yem Maaya Chesave and Kollywood film Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya happened on the same day i.e. February 26, 2010.
- She won four Filmfare Awards
[Read: Keerthi Suresh Biography]
Do write in how you found this post. Sharing to banta hai in your social networks!