Sonam Kapoor Bio
Drop the name ‘Neerja’ and any film buff would be able to tell you the face that characterized this award-winning role. Arjun Kapoor happens to be her first cousin. And so is Ranveer Singh (but from her mom’s side). Sonam Kapoor features on the top in best-dressed lists, and attracts media for what she wears at film promotions and events.
She is trained in Kathak, classical music and Latin. Sonam Kapoor is the face of L’Oreal and has been representing this brand at the Cannes. She will be soon showing her acting flair in the Sanjay Dutt biopic and R Balki’s Padman (which has Akshay Kumar and Radhika Apte too). She is a diabetic from her teenage days. If not an actress, she would have been a writer. She is Sonam A. Kapoor.
Sonam Kapoor was born on June 9th, 1985, in Mumbai, Maharastra. She is the darling daughter of actor Anil Kapoor and wife Sunita Kapoor. Check out Sonam Kapoor biography, age, height, weight, family, marriage photos, husband, net worth, wiki, hot photos.
|Nickname||Sonam, Sana, Neerja and Giraffe|
|Birthday Date||June 9th, 1985|
|Birth Place||Chembur, Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Occupation||Actress, Model, and Film director|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Gemini|
|Hobbies||Reading books, video games playing, writing new things and painting|
Arya Vidya Mandir School in Juhu (Mumbai). For her pre-university education, Sonam was enrolled at the United World College of South East Asia (Singapore) where the actress studied theatre and arts. She did her Bachelor’s in economics and political science in University of East London (for a brief period) and then studied the same courses through correspondence in University of Mumbai.
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir, Juhu, Mumbai, India|
|College||University of East London(Public University), London, England|
|Qualification||Bachelors degree in economics and political science|
|Father||Anil Kapoor(Indian Actor and Producer)|
|Mother||Sunita Kapoor(Costume designer)|
|Siblings/Brothers||Harshvardhan Kapoor (Indian Actor)|
|Sisters||Rhea Kapoor (Indian Producer)|
|Husband/Spouse||Anand Ahuja(m.May 8th, 2018)|
- She is truly a beauty with a purpose:
- In 2009, she participated in a charity fashion show organized by the International Indian Film Academy Awards to support widows and orphans of Indian film-industry workers.
- Protested against the use of glass-coated manja, which kills birds by writing to Maharastra Home Minister RR Patil on behalf of PETA
- She collaborated with Ogaan Cancer Foundation to increase awareness of breast cancer. She is also the brand ambassador for Elle Breast Cancer Campaign.
- The actress supports LGBT rights in India.
- Sonam auctioned some of her clothes to Pernia’s Pop-up Shop in 2012. The proceeds were donated to Smile Foundation, a child-welfare organization.
- In 2017, she hosted a dinner to raise funds for children suffering from cancer.
|Height||1.77 m or 5 feet 10 inches|
|Waist Size||24 inches|
|Hips size||34 inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark brown|
|Shoe Size||9 US|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Figure Measurements||34-24-34 inches|
Boyfriends and Affairs:
|Marital Status||Married(m.May 8th, 2018)|
Before evolving as an actress, Sonam was going dating somebody. But there was a problem. She was heavy, which prompted her BF to throw some nasty comments about her weight. Which girl would digest these kinds of taunts? This irked Sonam and pushed her to break up with her boyfriend. Forever!
Ranbir Kapoor (Actor), Sahir Berry (Model and Entrepreneur), Punit Malhotra (Director), Anand Ahuja (Entrepreneur) are the men (past and present) in Sonam Kapoor’s life.
Sonam dated Ranbir Kapoor for a brief period. But it didn’t last long. After her split with him, she decided not to marry any person from the film industry (considering star couples never get the time to spend with their partner).
Sahir Berry was a businessman. Given his profession, he had to divide his time between Delhi, Goa and London. Quite naturally it became difficult for the love-birds to keep their long-distance relationship going.
Who is Punit Malhotra? The director of I Hate Luv Storys. As what happens to actresses, Sonam was tied up in shooting schedules and other commitments. This was the reason for the couple to drift apart.
Presently, Sonam Kapoor is to be dating Anand Ahuja, who are vacationing (and still) in the US and she got married to Anand Ahuja May 8th, 2018.
The to-be-couple (if newsfeed is true) are having a whale of a time with their holiday stopovers in Wharton School of Business, Philadelphia and the New York theme park Six Flags Great Adventure.
Anand put up a new selfie with Sonam and wrote the pic caption: “Chillin’ out maxin’, relaxin all cool”. These are lyrics from the theme song of the Will Smith sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Such is the fondness for each other that Sonam babe celebrated Anand Ahuja’s B-day in New York last week. Sonam gifted Ahuja a bike. Not only did Anand share those pix on Instagram, he also thanked the actress for the surprise birthday gift. Looks like both are mad about each other. Let’s see when they will tie the knot.
The diva tied the knot with Anand Ahuja on May 8th, 2018. She chose to go traditional by opting for a red and gold lehenga by Anuradha Vakil.
Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja
Favorite Things And Hobbies:
|Color||White, Red and Blue|
|Food||Pork Belly Bun, Dahi Batata Puri Mustard Fish, Cholar Dal, Pav Bhaji, Tandoor Crab, Potatoes and Chicken with Ginger.|
|Places||Rome, Paris, London, New York|
|Sports||Squash and Basketball|
|Brand||Jean Paul Gaultier Classique, Dolce, and Gabbana, Michael by Michael Kors and Anamika Khanna|
|Actors||Shah Rukh Khan(SRK), Anil Kapoor, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale, Johnny Depp, Ryan Gosling and Akshay Kumar|
|Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukerji, Meena Kumari, Marilyn Monroe, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Nutan and Audrey Hepburn.|
|Films||Mr. India, Guide, Titanic, Children of Heaven, Kaagaz Ke Phool, Devadas and City of God|
|Net Worth||$10 to $13 million|
|Salary per Film/Remuneration||2 to 6 crores|
Social Media Profiles:
|Breakfast||Wheatgrass and Vegetable juices, tomato with wheat flatbread, avocado, and hummus|
|Lunch||Flat noodles or Rice, spinach, and Chinese broccoli|
|Post-lunch||Fruits and Juices|
|Brunch||Cucumber slices, Berries and Soups|
First Debut: In Black as Assistant director and in Saawariya (2007) as the lead heroine
Brand Endorsements and Awards:
L’Oreal, Electrolux, Spice Mobile, Cera, Lux, Colgate Visible White, Signature, Mont Blanc.
- Sonam Kapoor has earned enough nominations and awards to keep you reading beyond this page.
- Sonam was nominated for Best Female Debut and Most Promising Newcomer for Saawariy, and won Superstar of Tomorrow – Female for this film.
- She won Best Actress in a Comedy or Romance for Khubsoorat, Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Role – Female for Prem Ratan Dhan Payo and won multiple awards for Neerja including Critics Choice for HELLO! Hall of Fame Awards 2016, Best Actress by the Indian Film Festival Melbourne 2016, Filmfare Award for Best Actress (Critics) 2017 and Special Mention in National Film Awards 2017.
Facts about Sonam Kapoor:
- Most of you will fall off your chair when you learn that Sonam Kapoor used to work as a waitress (when she was studying arts and theatre in Singapore) to supplement her monthly income. ZERO inhibitions she had, which is quite humble of her (humility personified, I would say).
- Sonam Kapoor started her Bollywood career as an Assistant Director in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s (SLB’s) Black. Bhansali, in fact, convinced the Kapoor girl to get into acting for a good one and a half years. Maybe he saw an acting spark in Sonam Kapoor at that time.
- Before facing the camera for her debut film Saawariya, Sonam A. Kapoor had to lose 30 kg to get the hot bod she had during the film shooting.
- If there is one thing which dear Sonam is very particular of – it is PERFUMES! Her most loved fragrances include Chanel No. 5, Jean Paul Gaultier Classique and Michael by Michael Kors.
- The fact that Sonam is a style icon is nothing new. But not many people know that she is a voracious reader, who keeps herself abreast of current affairs and politics on a national level.
- This might come as a surprise to most of Sonam Kapoor’s fans. She sports not just one but 2 tattoos and also has a tongue piercing.
- Talk of health and fitness and Sonam is a die-hard SPA addict.
- Dancing is her next love interest apart from reading.
- The actress has given powerhouse performances in movies like Neerja, Raanjhanaa, Alisha, and Delhi-6.
- The beauty with brains completed her schooling from Arya Vidya Mandir. She later majored in Political Science and Economics from Bombay University.
- Giving us a master class in understated glamour she reminded us that subtlety and simplicity can work in your favor too!
- Sonam Kapoor has mastered the art of wowing us every time she struts the red carpet.
- Her effortless charm, confidence, and classy dress sence make her a true blue style icon.
- Her first debut film is ‘Saawariya‘ in the year of 2007. Sonam role by Sakina and awarded on Superstar of Tomorrow – Female.
- The actress has been constantly spotted on the cover of Indian and international magazines – Vogue, Maxim, FHM, Notch, Grazia, Femina and Harper’s Bazaar.
- Jacqueline Fernandez, Kareena Kapoor, Shehla Khan(fashion designer), Actor Dhanush and Asin are her close friends.
Pen down your likes loves and comments below!