Oviya Biography, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Family, Wiki | More
Born: Helen Nelson, 29 April 1991 (age 30), Thrissur, Kerela
Height: 163 cm
Full name: Helen Nelson
Years – active: 2007–present
Her birth name is Helen Nelson. Oviya is a graduate who has worked in over 20 films in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada together. As an actress, she got her real breakthrough in a romantic comedy “Kalavani” in 2010. And then other critically acclaimed films – “Marina” (2012), “Moodar Koodam” (2013) and “Madha Yaanai Koottam” (2013) fell in her lap. She further tasted box-office success through her roles in “Kalakalappu”, and the horror comedy “Yaamirukka Bayamey” (2014) where she played glamorous roles. Much to her adventurous spirit, she appeared in the reality show “Bigg Boss 7” in 2017 (she was paid INR 2.5 lakh every day for staying in the Bigg Boss house) which got her tremendous media attention. She is Helen Nelson better known as Oviya to the world.
Her acting skills are such that Helen Nelson has won praises after praises from critics. A critic from Hindustan Times complimented Oviya for her role in “Kalavani” saying that “Helen Nelson’s marvellous expressions convey her gratitude, and she uses her eyes to say it all”. A reviewer from The Hindu said “Helen Nelson looks cute and emotes well, which is a rarity these days.”
|Birthday Date||29th April 1991|
|Birth Place||Thrissur, Kerala, India|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Taurus|
|Hobbies||Book reading and traveling|
[Read: Trisha Biography]
|School||Having completed her schooling in Thrissur|
|College||Graduation from Vimala College in Thrissur|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Waist Size||26 inches|
|Hips size||36 inches|
|Breast Size||34 B|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Figure Measurements||34-26-36 inches|
Let’s see how Helen Nelson looks without makeup.
Well, well Bigg Boss is one reality show which has conveyed the love of actress Helen Nelson. Even after the show got over, the actress maintains that she was very much in love with Aarav (a male participant in the Bigg Boss show). But things got complicated when Aarav started to ignore her completely.
Following which she tweeted “Relationship status: single and satisfied”. This obviously was an indication of the end to their complicated relationship. This breakup was cited as the main reason behind the emotional stress which Oviya suffered from during the show which led to her exit.
But after coming out of the Bigg Boss show, Helen Nelson still thought she was in love with Aarav. Said she to her fans in a video message on Twitter “True love never fails. You may think that I must be a crazy for saying this. I believe in love and love still exists…My love is true and I will get it back.” BTW do you know, this message of hers has fetched her over 50,000 likes, 14,000 re-tweets and over 7,000 comments. Mind-blowing, isn’t it?
Did this matter-of-heart affect her performance in films? NO! In fact, Helen Nelson has played an extended role in “Silukkuvarpatti Singam” (Vishnu Vishal’s upcoming film) which is believed to be her comeback film in Kollywood after her fame among the Tamil viewers.
The film producer of “Cheeni” (a film which was in the cold storage for a long long time) has gone ahead and re-named the film “Oviyaava Vitta Yaaru” which he is planning to release it soon.
|Color||Blue, Pink, and Red|
|Food||Biryani and Pizza|
|Net Worth||$ 2 million|
|Remuneration||50 lac – 1crore|
First Debut: Film Kalavani in 2010. In 2017, Helen Nelson made her TV debut in the serial Bigg Boss.
Brand Endorsements: Saravana stores(Chennai)
For the Tamil feature “Kalavani”, Helen Nelson was nominated for Vijay Award for Best Debut Actress. In 2012, she starred in the Tamil movie “Kalakalappu”, for which she won the Edison Awards for Female Rising Star.
Social Media Profiles:
- Having completed her schooling, Helen Nelson did her BA in Functional English at Vimala college in Thrissur where she finished her graduation.
- In the year 2010, Director Sargunam approached Helen Nelson to play the lead role for ‘Kalavani’ opposite the male actor Vimal. The film rose to fame for Helen Nelson.
- Though Helen Nelson started her filmy career with the film “Kangaroo” in 2007, her official debut as a lead actress happened with the film “Kalavani” in 2010.
- Such was the success of “Kalavani” that Helen Nelson did over a dozen films in a matter of 12 months.
- Having participated in the first season of the TV serial Bigg Boss (Tamil) has earned Helen Nelson a lot of public attention and support.
- This news is spicier than ever – Apparently, Helen Nelson has been paid INR 1.5 crore for the new ad of Chennai-based Saravana stores (which the actress is the new face and endorser of). Seems like Helen Nelson is following the footsteps of Nayanthara, the lady superstar and Kollywood’s highest-paid actress who was paid INR 3 crore for a video ad of 50-seconds.
- If you thought, Helen Nelson is hell-bent on doing just South-based films, let me correct you. The actress has acted in a low-budget Hindi film Yeh Ishq Sarfira in 2015.
- Her upcoming movies are Kanchana 3, Silukkuvarupatti Singam