Ritu Varma Biography/Wiki:
The fair and lovely actress Ritu Varma is best known for her performance in the award-winning short film “Anukokunda”. She has recently acted in the Telugu film Pelli Choopulu and has also bagged two Tamil films – China and Pirai Thaediya Naatkal. The actress hails originally from the North of India but surprisingly wants to carve a niche in the Southern film industry. She has starred alongside Nikhil Siddartha in the 2017 Telugu action-thriller Keshava. As per her Twitter account, her passion includes fashion, food, traveling and movies. Her nicknames are Ritu, Rithu and Reethu. She has a self-confessed fetish for fancy watches. She admires Deepika Padukone and is a fan of her fashion and fitness.
Read on to find out more about the upcoming star Ritu Varma.
|Real name||Ritu Varma|
|Birthday Date||10th March 1990|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Piscean|
|Hobbies||Travelling, dancing, and reading|
|College||Malla Reddy Engineering College, Hyderabad|
|Siblings/Brothers||One brother(name not known)|
Height Weight and Body Measurements:
|Height||5 feet 4 inches, 14 m|
|Waist Size||25 inches|
|Hips size||34 inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Dress Size||6 US|
|Figure Measurements||32-25-34 inches|
Boyfriend & Past Relationships:
Unfortunately, we have no spicy scoop on the love life of the budding actress. There is no news or rumor on Ritu Varma’s relationship status, dating and boyfriend goals. Let her find a firm footing in Telugu and Tamil cinema. Her love story will happen with time and luck. What say?
|Color||White, red, and yellow|
|Place||Paris, London, Switzerland, San Francisco|
|Actors||SRK, Mahesh Babu, Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, Pawan Kalyan|
|Actress||Deepika Padukone, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi|
|Films||Kal Ho Naa Ho, Queen, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (DDLJ), I Hate Luv Storys|
|Salary per Film/Remuneration||N/A|
Social Media Profiles:
Latest and Upcoming Movies:
|Velaiilla Pattadhari 2||Anitha||Tamil||2017|
|Kannum Kannum Kollaiyadaithaal||Meera||Tamil||2018|
- The young lass Ritu Varma was born and brought up in Hyderabad.
- After finishing her B.Tech., Ritu Varma participated in ‘Dabur Gulabari Miss Rose Glow’ pageant. And she wasn’t disappointed. Why? Because she was declared the first runner-up. Great!
- Any clue on Ritu Varma’s passport to fame? She bagged international attention after the release of her short film Anukokunda which was screened at the Cannes Film Festival. This film also won the Best Film award at the ‘48HR Film’ project competition in 2012. Did Ritu bag any award? Yes, she got the Best Actor (Female) award for the film.
- Ritu Varma got her breakthrough in Tollywood with the film Prema Ishq Kaadhal in 2013.
- Any Inspo goals for Ritu Varma? Yes, the actress finds her mom to be her biggest source of inspiration because of the fact that she has always stood by her side during the hard times and has always supported her in her profession.
- After having made a mark in Tollywood, Ritu Varma now has plans to enter Bollywood. All the young B-town actresses better watch out.
- In the year 2016, Ritu Varma not only won the ‘Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress Telugu’ for the movie Pelli Choopulu, she was nominated for the same film for three awards -‘Filmfare Award for Best Actress Telugu’, ‘IIFA Utsavam Best Actress Telugu’ and ‘SIIMA Best Actress Telugu’. Hats off to her!
- In her first Telugu movie Prema Ishq Kaadha, actress Ritu Varma played the role of a costume designer opposite Sree Vishnu.
- Acting skills aside, did you know Ritu Varma is a great artist? The walls of her house speak volumes about her painting talent.
- Ritu Varma has been nominated as Best Supporting Role (Female) in IIFA Utsavam for the film Yevade Subramanyam.
- How does Ritu Varma overcome the language barrier considering she has done South Indian cinema since the start of her filmy career? Well, she has worked hard to gain a command over the vernacular languages. She said in an interview recently that “I didn’t really have to learn Telugu much but I prepared thoroughly for my scenes. Dubbing seems artificial, at least for me. I believe that you can’t recreate the same emotion of a scene that you’ve shot some time ago in a dubbing studio. That way shooting in sync sound was a big advantage. I think I’ve become a more confident actor now. Also, I feel I have a better command over Telugu now”. That’s an achievement itself. What say?
- The young lass Ritu Varma revealed her crystal clear fashion fundas to a leading daily when she said “Style is unique. I think it should reflect your personality. On a regular basis I love wearing comfortable casual clothes like jeans and a simple t-shirt but at the same time, I love dressing up for occasions. What I wear basically depends on my mood.” Point taken! BTW, Ritu is not a brand-conscious lady. She picks up anything that she likes. She does have few of her fav brands but she likes to shop for street wear as well.
Here is a small preview of the film Anukokunda which got shortlisted at the Cannes.
Hope you liked this blog. Do tell us your views and feedback in the comments section below.