Sonakshi Sinha (Indian film actress)
Born: 2nd June 1987 (age 34), Patna, India
Height: 5′ 6”
Parents: Shatrughan Sinha(Father), Poonam Sinha(Mother)
Siblings: Brothers: Luv Sinha and Kush Sinha
Net Worth: Sonakshi Sinha estimated net worth is 63 crores
Upcoming movie: Double XL and Kakuda
Years-active: 2010 – present
Sonakshi Sinha is an Indian actress. Access Sonakshi Sinha’s biography, age, height, family, weight loss, and net worth info below.
Salman Khan, one of the biggest stars in Bollywood, is rumoured to have married Sonakshi Sinha, an up and coming actress in Bollywood. The two have been spotted together on many occasions, fuelling the rumours. However, both Salman and Sonakshi have denied that they are married. Some say that Salman has secretly married Sonakshi because he is afraid of his family’s reaction to him marrying a woman who is not from a wealthy family.
Sonakshi Sinha and Salman Khan
She went on stage opposite to Salman Khan, provoking viewers to remark upon her nose ring. Sonakshi Sinha is the daughter of the yesteryear Bollywood star whose signature dialogue “khamosh” is etched in our memories even today. So great is her love for puppies that she is a PETA supporter. She worked as an usher at the Lakme Fashion Week.
Sonakshi Sinha lost 30 pounds after being pushed by a famous Bollywood star to switch from fashion designing to film acting. She is a well-known child who’s proved her worth with each film she acted has. Her name means “Golden-Eyed” “With Eyes of Gold.” Check out Sonakshi Sinha biography here.
[Read: Parineeti Chopra Biography]
|Nickname||Shotgun Junior, Sona|
|Birthday||June 2, 1987|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Occupation||Actress, Singer, Model(Also consumer designer)|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir in Mumbai|
|College||Graduated in fashion designing from SNDT University.|
Sonakshi Sinha is a well known Bollywood actress and the daughter of popular Indian actor, Shatrugan Sinha. Her mother’s name is Poonam Sinha. She attended Mumbai’s Sophia High School and studied at the Mithibai College. She at Nitra world school in Bhilwara to continue her studies, before moving back to Mumbai for her education – she went to Jai Hind College.
|Father||Shatrughan Sinha(Actor, politician)|
|Mother||Poonam Sinha (Homemaker)|
|Siblings/Brothers||Luv Sinha, Kush Sinha|
Sonakshi Sinha | Entire Family
Growing up in India, Sonakshi Sinha faced body shaming and bullying. She was then signed to a modelling agency and became the youngest person to be signed by an Indian modeling agency. Her career began with commercials before she turned into a Bollywood actress, where she is best known for her role in Dabangg (2010). One of her most prominent features is her slim figure and attractive face. She is always seen wearing minimal clothes that are popular among other Indian actresses today.
|Weight||70 kg, 154 lbs|
|Breast Size||35 inches|
|Waist Size||27 inches|
|Hips size||37 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Figure Measurements||35-27-35 inches|
Boyfriends / Affairs:
|Boyfriend||Aditya Shroff (of Fame cinemas)|
In 2012, Bunty Sachdeva was linked to Sonakshi Sinha. He was an accountant and sports manager.
Later on, she was connected with Shahid Kapoor (her co-star in the 2018 release R. Rajkumar).
The Dabangg woman has opened up about her connections with Bollywood celebrities. Said she, “Two young actors who are single and working together. It’s mind-bending that the public doesn’t digest the news that they’re a couple. The Arjun rumor originated from working together on a film. and his is also a neighbor of mine. He lives inside my building.”
She grew up in India and faced body shaming and bullying during her childhood. At the age of 18, she was signed by a modeling company and has been modeling since then. She has now become one of the most successful actresses in Bollywood. Some of her favorite things are those that make her feel good about herself such as dieting, working out, and staying fit.
|Color||Green and Yellow|
|Food||Thai cuisine, Goan fish curry, and Chinese|
|Place||Paris, New Zealand, London, and Oman|
|Sports||Basketball, Tennis, and Volleyball|
|Brand||Jean Paul Gaultier Classique and Victoria’s Secret Pink|
|Actor||Russell Peters and Hrithik Roshan|
|Actress||Rekha, Rani Mukerji, Sridevi, and Katrina Kaif|
|Films||Madagascar, Zoolander, Primal Fera, Love Actually, Notting Hill, About a Boy, Kung Fu Panda and Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (DDLJ).|
As of September 2018, Sonakshi Sinha’s payment for a single film is estimated to be approximately $2 million.
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Salary per Film/Remuneration||5 crore/film (INR)|
Sonakshi Sinha is one of the most popular actresses in Bollywood. She made her debut in 2010 with the film Dabangg, opposite Salman Khan. The film was a blockbuster and Sonakshi was catapulted to fame. Sonakshi and Salman have been dating since then. They are very much in love and often seen at various events together. Sonakshi has said that she is very happy with Salman and that he is a great support system for her.
|Dabangg(2010)||1. Best Debut-Female at Annual Central European Bollywood Awards|
2. Best Debut at Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards and Best Debut at Filmfare Awards
4. Star debut of the year – female at IIFA
5. Favorite debutant actress at Lions Gold Awards
6. Star screen awards at most promising newcomer – Female
- StarDust Awards at Best thriller/action actress in Dabangg film – 2011.
- Zee Cine Awards at Best International Female Icon in Dabangg film – 2011.
- People’s Choice Awards India at Favorite Youth Movie Icon Dabangg film – 2011.
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice awards India at Best Movie Actress in Dabangg film – 2012.
- People’s Choice awards India at Favorite Movie Actress in Rowdy Rathore film – 2013.
- Stardust awards at Best Thriller/Action Actress (Dabangg 2 film) and Best Comedy/Romance Actress (Son of Sardar) – 2013.
- Big star entertainment awards at Most Entertaining Film Actor – Female (Lootera) – 2014.
- Filmfare Awards at Best Actress (Lootera)- 2014.
- Screen Awards at Best actress (Lootera) – 2014.
- Screen Awards at Popular Choice- Female (Lootera) – 2014
- IIFA at Best actress (Lootera)- 2014
She recently became the topic of discussion amongst her fans when she was spotted in a slimming condition.
Because Sonakshi wanted to be healthier and more confident, the general rumor is that she lost weight.
She also shared the difficulty of finding clothes following weight loss.
Sona says many thanks to her co-star Salman Khan, for motivating her weight loss. She says:
“He saw potential in me and egged me on to lose weight. I would say his contribution was the highest as I started taking it seriously only after he told me to.”
Sonakshi Sinha at Gym Center
Asus ZEN Phone Max, Relaxo Footwears Limited’s Flite range, Emami Boro Plus, Dabur Fem Bleach Cream, Dabur Gulabari, D’damas, Provogue, Dyna, Rajhans Group, Foster Grant USA Eyewear, and DIGISOL Wireless and Networking products are all brand endorsements.
She was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress (2013) for her romantic feature film Lootera. Some of her high-performing careers include Rowdy Rathore, Son of Sardaar, Dabangg 2, Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty.
Sonakshi Sinha Facts:
- Who made Sona leave her fashion designing career? Salman Khan.
- Sonakshi Sinha originates from Mumbai, India and has been in the film industry for over a decade.
- Hugely devoted to her beloved pet, Sonakshi is a pet lover through and through. That’s why she adores playing with puppies. It relaxes her, you see.
- Since her kiddo days, Sona loves to wear sarees. This could be one of the reasons why she is seen mostly in sarees in Hindi films (remember the film Lootera where she starred opposite the hot Ranveer Singh).
- Sona is a painter in real life. She loves to draw sketches in her free time. She did paint in the film Lootera.
- Filmi costumes don’t come dirt-cheap. Example – the costume worn by Sonakshi Sinha for her film Tevar which was worth a whopping 75 lakh!!!
- Some of Sonakshi’s favourite books include Gregory David Roberts’ famous novel ‘Shantaram’ and Dan Brown’s ‘The Da Vinci Code’.
- There are two people that Sonakshi Sinha takes inspiration from – Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar.
- There she was, all undaunted, encouraging Salman Khan to put on a beard for their film Dabangg. The rest, as they say, is history.
- Apart from her acting ability, Sonakshi has skill in her vocal chords, too. She lent her voice for a Tarok short film titled “Hindi ‘Rio 2‘,” “Rise of the Guardians,” and “Hindi 2 Rio.”
- What is her preferred musical genre? Sonakshi Sinha enjoys listening to Rock, Acid Jazz, Bollywood, House, and Hip Hop music.
- Bollywood actor Sonakshi Sinha’s mannerisms are often compared with Reena Roy (who was the co-star in several films to her father Shatrughan Sinha).
- Sona’s mother Poonam Sinha is a former Miss India in 1968.
- Sonakshi is very devoted to her beauty routine. Executing a luxurious cleansing, toning, moisturizing, Sonakshi does it daily. She sometimes uses the Multani Mitti pack as well.
Here’s the long and short of Sonakshi Sinha. Please share this post with your friends and write a remark if you want.
In conclusion, Sonakshi Sinha is a versatile actress with a bright future in the entertainment industry. She has proved her mettle as an actor and shown her potential for greater things. With hard work and dedication, she will only continue to rise in popularity and acclaim.