Born: 2nd June 1987 (age 33), Patna, India
Height: 5′ 6”
Parents: Shatrughan Sinha(Father), Poonam Sinha(Mother)
Siblings: Brothers: Luv Sinha and Kush Sinha
Net Worth: Sonakshi Sinha estimated net worth is 63 crores
Upcoming movie: Bhuj: The Pride of India
Years-active: 2010 – present
Sonakshi Sinha is an Indian famous actress. Check below Sonakshi biography, age, height, family, weight loss, net worth and more
She debuted opposite Salman Khan, making her nose ring a style statement. Sonakshi Sinha is the daughter of the yesteryear Bollywood star whose signature dialogue “khamosh” is etched in our minds and hearts, even today. So immense is her love for puppies that she is a PETA member. She worked as an usher at the Lakme Fashion Week.
Sonakshi Sinha lost 30 kilos on being pushed by a famous Bollywood star to switch over from fashion designing to films. She is a star kid who has proved her mettle with each film she acted has in. Her name, when translated means “Golden-Eyed” “With Eyes of Gold”. Meet Sonakshi Sinha.
[Read: Parineeti Chopra Biography]
|Nickname||Shotgun Junior, Sona|
|Birthday||June 2, 1987|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Occupation||Actress, Singer, Model(Also consumer designer)|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir in Mumbai|
|College||Graduated in fashion designing from SNDT University.|
Family | Relatives:
|Father||Shatrughan Sinha(Actor, politician)|
|Mother||Poonam Sinha (Homemaker)|
|Siblings/Brothers||Luv Sinha, Kush Sinha|
|Weight||70 kg, 154 lbs|
|Breast Size||35 inches|
|Waist Size||27 inches|
|Hips size||37 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Figure Measurements||35-27-35 inches|
Boyfriends / Affairs:
|Boyfriend||Aditya Shroff (of Fame cinemas)|
In 2012, Sonakshi Sinha was rumored to have been dating a man called Bunty Sachdeva. He was sports and celebrity manager.
Later on, she was linked with Shahid Kapoor (her co-star in the film R…Rajkumar).
The latest on an exchange of “dil vil” is that Sona is dating Arjun Kapoor.
The Dabangg girl did open up about her link-ups with Bollywood stars. Said she, “Two young actors who are single and working together. People can’t digest that fact. The Arjun rumor came from doing a film together. And he is my neighbor. He lives behind my house.”
Sona babe further said, “Actors are complicated. I am not complicated. Am a misfit which is why I cannot see myself settling down with an actor, or being with an actor. I want somebody simple, someone, who is uncomplicated.”
|Color||Green and Yellow|
|Food||Thai cuisine, Goan fish curry, and Chinese|
|Place||Paris, New Zealand, London, and Oman|
|Sports||Basketball, Tennis, and Volleyball|
|Brand||Jean Paul Gaultier Classique and Victoria’s Secret Pink|
|Actor||Russell Peters and Hrithik Roshan|
|Actress||Rekha, Rani Mukerji, Sridevi, and Katrina Kaif|
|Films||Madagascar, Zoolander, Primal Fera, Love Actually, Notting Hill, About a Boy, Kung Fu Panda and Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (DDLJ).|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Salary per Film/Remuneration||5 crore/film (INR)|
|Dabangg(2010)||1. Best Debut-Female at Annual Central European Bollywood Awards|
2. Best Debut at Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards and Best Debut at Filmfare Awards
4. Star debut of the year – female at IIFA
5. Favorite debutant actress at Lions Gold Awards
6. Star screen awards at most promising newcomer – Female
- StarDust Awards at Best thriller/action actress in Dabangg film – 2011.
- Zee Cine Awards at Best International Female Icon in Dabangg film – 2011.
- People’s Choice Awards India at Favorite Youth Movie Icon Dabangg film – 2011.
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice awards India at Best Movie Actress in Dabangg film – 2012.
- People’s Choice awards India at Favorite Movie Actress in Rowdy Rathore film – 2013.
- Stardust awards at Best Thriller/Action Actress (Dabangg 2 film) and Best Comedy/Romance Actress (Son of Sardar) – 2013.
- Big star entertainment awards at Most Entertaining Film Actor – Female (Lootera) – 2014.
- Filmfare Awards at Best Actress (Lootera)- 2014.
- Screen Awards at Best actress (Lootera) – 2014.
- Screen Awards at Popular Choice- Female (Lootera) – 2014
- IIFA at Best actress (Lootera)- 2014
Sona says many thanks to her co-star Salman Khan, for motivating her weight loss. She says:
“He saw potential in me and egged me on to lose weight. I would say his contribution was the highest as I started taking it seriously only after he told me to.”
Brand Endorsements: Asus ZEN Phone Max, Relaxo Footwears Limited’s Flite range, Emami Boro Plus, Dabur Fem Bleach Cream, Dabur Gulabari, D’damas, Provogue, Dyna, Rajhans Group, Foster Grant USA Eyewear, DIGISOL Wireless and Networking products.
Sona featured in a music video of rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh titled “Desi Kalakar…” and released her debut single “Aaj Mood Ishqholic Hai” with Meet Bros in 2015. Talking about her grip of Bollywood, Sonakshi received the ‘Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut (2011)’.
She also got critical acclaim for her romantic film Lootera for which she was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress (2013). Some of her top-grossing films include Rowdy Rathore, Son of Sardaar, Dabangg 2, Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty.
Sonakshi Sinha Facts:
- Who made Sona leave her fashion designing career? Salman Khan.
- How kind of her? I mean, dear Sonakshi Sinha donated the remuneration earned from her first movie “Dabangg” to Salman Khan’s “Being Human” NGO.
- Huge Pet lover she is. That is why, this Sonakshi (hey, don’t confuse her with the Sonakshi of Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi soap which is telecast on Sony TV at prime time) loves to play with pets. De-stressing, you see.
- Since her kiddo days, Sona loves to wear sarees. This could be one of the reasons why she is seen mostly in sarees in Hindi films (remember the film Lootera where she starred opposite the hot Ranveer Singh).
- Sona is a painter in real life. She loves to draw sketches in her free time. She did paint in the film Lootera.
- Filmi costumes don’t come dirt-cheap. Example – the costume worn by Sonakshi Sinha for her film Tevar which was worth a whopping 75 lakh!!!
- Some of Sonakshi’s favourite books include Gregory David Roberts’ famous novel ‘Shantaram’ and Dan Brown’s ‘The Da Vinci Code’.
- There are two people that Sonakshi Sinha takes inspiration from – Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar.
- How could she? Well, she did. Yes, it was our Sona who persuaded Salman Khan to wear a moustache for their movie Dabangg. And the rest is history!
- Apart from her acting skills, Sonakshi has some power in her vocal chords too. She lent her voice for the Hindi version of the Hollywood movie ‘Rio 2’ and ‘Rise of the Guardians’.
- What’s her music masti? Sonakshi Sinha loves listening to Rock, Acid Jazz, Bollywood, House and Hip Hop styles of music.
- Sonakshi’s looks are often compared with Reena Roy (who was the co-star in many films to Sonakshi’s father Shatrughan Sinha).
- Sona’s mom Poonam Sinha is a former Miss Young India in 1968.
- Sonakshi Sinha is a left-hander.
- Sonakshi is very peculiar about her beauty routine. Cleansing, toning, moisturizing she does on a daily basis. She also does Multani Mitti pack occasionally.
So this was the long and short of Sonakshi Sinha. Hope you liked the post. Share it with your friends and colleagues and write in your comments.