International fashion designer Wendell Rodricks once said, “Since Aishwarya Rai, we haven’t had a girl as beautiful and fresh as Deepika Padukone.”
With this introduction, hope you guessed the name of the now International celebrity who I am talking about.
First into Badminton and then Modelling, Deepika Padukone became ‘Kingfisher’ Cover Girl and in 2005, and was awarded “Model of the Year”. Later, films happened. She has won FILMFARE awards), and bagged a role in Vin Diesel’s’ xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’. After Cannes 2017, we can say that her meteoric rise has been impressive.
9-year-old in the industry and counting, Deepika Padukone (DP) is leaving no stone unturned in showing her acting talent in the upcoming Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmavati (seems she is SLB’s muse!)
Let’s know more about her on the personal front.
Deepika Padukone Biography/Wiki:
|Real name||Deepika Padukone|
|Nickname||Deepz, Deepika, and Deepi|
|Birthday Date||5th January 1986|
|Birth Place||Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe|
|Hometown||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Capricorn|
|Deepika Padukone Age||35 years|
|Deepika Padukone Caste||Brahmin (Chitrapur Saraswat)|
|Address||Beau Monde Apartment, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Hobbies||Cooking, traveling, dancing, and playing badminton|
[Read: Sonakshi Sinha Biography]
|School||Sophia High School, Bengaluru, India|
|College||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru, Mumbai|
|Education Qualifications||College Dropout|
Deepika’s grandpa from the paternal side, Ramesh is Secretary of the Mysore Badminton Association. You can safely say that Badminton runs in DP’s genes!
|Father||Prakash Padukone(Indian badminton player)|
|Mother||Ujjala Padukone(She is a travel agent)|
|Husband/Spouse||Ranveer Singh(m.2018 November 14)|
DP has got the ‘best figure’ (when compared to other Indian actresses and celebs). Hats off to her for maintaining it that way!
|Deepika Padukone Height||5 feet 81/2 inches, 174 cm, 121 lbs|
|Waist Size||26 inches|
|Hips size||34 inches|
|Shoe Size||9 US, 39.5 EU|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Figure Measurements||34-26-34 inches|
Boyfriends | Affairs:
|Marital Status||Married(m.2018 Nov 14)|
The Story of Six Men…
My God, how can that be?
That is the relationship story of Deepika Padukone. And how? Here is the year-wise profiling of Deepika Padukone and her affairs (past and present).
Muzammil Ibrahim (2004) – DP was engaged to actor Muzammil Ibrahim briefly in the year 2004.
Nihar Pandya – DP’s first boyfriend was Nihar. It was a live-in relationship that happened when DP was in her modeling days (at this time she was not well known as an actress). Deepika broke up with Nihar so that she could focus on her acting career. A couple of years later, she was again spotted with Nihar. Whatever for?
Ranbir Kapoor (2007-2008) – Both Ranbir and Deepika were the ‘it’ pair for quite some time. They were paired in many films – Bachna Ae Haseeno to Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. And these were not timepass, but hits.
Yuvraj Singh (2008) – When she was still an emerging actress, Deepika dated Indian cricketer, Yuvraj Singh. This was brief. But why was this relationship short-lived? Be’cos Yuvi had started to interfere with DP’s personal matters (what to wear, with whom she should meet etc).
Siddharth Mallya (2010-2012) – How would you identify him? As the son of a business tycoon ‘Kingfisher’ Vijay Mallya (now facing tough times in police surrender), or as BF to DP? For about two years, Deepika and Siddharth Mallya had a good time with each other. But, Deepika ended the relationship citing “irreconcilable differences in class and status”. That’s pretty candid of her!
Ranveer Singh (2013-now) – Guess the new man on Deepika’s radar? Ranveer Singh, who was ‘rumored’ to be dating Deepika. Many a time, they were spotted getting too-cozy-for-comfort during the parties. Though DP is yet to make things official with BF Ranveer, their parents have reportedly accepted their relationship. Both Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone married on 14 November 2018.
Deepika Padukone Weeding Reception
As you can see, Deepika Padukone doesn’t get her men to interfere in her acting pursuits. This explains how die-hard ambitious she is.
|Color||Mauve, Black, and White|
|Food||South Indian snacks, Biryani, Chocolates, Spaghetti, Ravioli bolognese, Dim sum, Dal-chawal, South Indian food, Mediterranean food, Pasta, Maharashtrian varan|
|Place||France, Goa, and Maldives|
|Sports||Badminton, Polo, and Football|
|Singers||Justin Bieber, A.R. Rahman, Rihanna, and Jennifer Lopez|
|Fashion Designers||Manish Malhotra, Tarun Tahiliani, and Rohit Bal|
|Actors||SRK, Aamir Khan, Richard Gere, and Brad Pitt|
|Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Hema Malini, Sridevi, and Kajol|
|Films||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Cinderella Man, The Color of Paradise|
In the year 2006, DP made her acting debut as the title character of the Kannada film Aishwarya.
She started modeling for Liril Orange ad (Deepika’s ticket to name and fame), and then BIG-TIME-BRANDS-HAPPENED-TO-HER in no time. E.g – Dabur Lal powder, Close-Up toothpaste, Limca, Jewels of India, Parachute’s Advanced Massager, Levi Strauss (India) Pvt. Ltd., Maybelline, etc.
DP has many awards to her credit. She won a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for the 2007 blockbuster film Om Shanti Om, Best Actress nominations for Cocktail, two Filmfare Award for Best Actress for in Goliyon Ki Rasleela: Ram-Leela and Piku. Then Hollywood came calling through her first action film xXx: Return of Xander Cage.
How much you think it is? Well, Deepika Padukone is world’s 10th highest paid actress according to the Forbes list. So much that she beats our ‘Quantico’ star PeeCee (Priyanka Chopra). Competition is getting tough, really tough. Survival of the Fittest!
According to Forbes, Deepika Padukone, who made her Bollywood film debut in 2007 with Om Shanti Om, has “since starred in several films that have crossed the $150 million or 100 crore mark “a barometer for box office success in India”. Deepika “has also become something of a style icon” launching her own label for an Indian online shopping site.
|XXX: Return of Xander Cage||Serena Unger||English||2017|
Social Media Profiles:
Facts about Deepika Padukone:
- When she was all of 17, DP left her Badminton career (that’s the only sport she has played) and embarked on her glamorous pursuits.
- Not many people know that Deepika Padukone was astate-level baseball player. She went on to become a national level badminton player. From sports to acting – call it luck, charm (not genes, considering her father Prakash Padukone is the former Indian badminton player who won numerous laurels for our country)
- Most of us know that her first debut film was Om Shanti Om. But NO! Deepika Padukone’s first film was not for the Hindi audience, but for the Kannadigas. And the name of her first film was ‘Aishwarya’, where she played the ‘titular’ role. How sweet of DP to act in a film named after her closest competitor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, don’t you think?
- The fact that Farah Khan cast Deepika Padukone in her film is not a new thing. Apparently, Farah Khan watched Himmesh Reshammiya’s (Bollywood music composer) song “Naam Hai Tera Tera”which had Deepika in it. After the song got over, the rest is history. Farah approached Deepika Padukone for her film. Kudos to Himmesh for having given her the first break in the industry!
- Going by the reports, Sanjay Leela Bhansali (SLB) had shortlisted Deepika Padukone for his filmDon’t know what made him change the decision and sign up Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor. But here’s the catch – Deepika’s Bollywood debut film ‘Om Shanti Om’ was released on the same day as Saawariya. It so happened that OSO did better than SLB’s film. WAY better!
- Acting and modelling schools are total must these days, to get the right diction and ramp-walk. Deepika Padukone is a pass-out from Anupam Kher’s acting institute ‘Actor Prepares’. As for the dancing, full credit goes to dance maestro Shiamak Davar for teaching her how-to-dance-effortlessly. Her dance is Xtra-ordinary, and Divalicious.
- There is a movie Chandni Chowk to China, in which Deepika Padukone had starred. Guess what? She mastered Jujutsu (a Japanese martial art form), and did all the stunts herself, without a body double…Whoa!
- For her role in Goliyon Ki Rasleela: Ram-Leela, Deepika might have won laurels upon laurels from the industry fraternity, viewers and critics, but there is one which she cherished most. Wazzat? A hand-written note sent by none other than Amitabh Bachchan along with a bouquet!
- Deepika is in the thick of shooting for SLB’s film Padmavati. Choreographer Farah Khan (whom DP adorably calls her “second mom”) sent her a beautiful surprise – a cooker full of food so that the actress gets to eat healthy home-cooked food during her night shift. Fabulous, isn’t it?
- Talk of social measures, and Deepika has adopted a village in Ambegaon (Maharashtra). Whatever for? To give the residents the basic amenities like ample water and electricity). That’s a thoughtful gesture coming from her.
- Apart from this, DP is also into ‘Olympic Gold Quest’ (her father’s initiative) – an organization involved in the betterment of Indian athletes.
- What about pay package? Well, you will be SHOCKED to know that Sanjay Leela Bhansali, has paid Deepika Padukone an unbelievable fee of approximately Rs 13 crore for her titular role in the upcoming movie Padmavati. That’s jaw-dropping. Deepika is the highest paid actress of Indian cinema ever. And look at the fattest pay cheque she will be taking home. I only hope her next film gets her more than the highest paid Indian actor! Aamir, Salman, Shahrukh, etc, hope you are listening?
- Guess where DP lives? In an apartment which is on the 26th floor? As for the price, it is worth Rs 16 crores. OMG! Did she buy it from her hard-earned money? According to rumours, this apartment has been gifted to her by her ex-boyfriend Siddharth Mallya (does this surname rings a bell?) It should!
Feel free to write your comments about Deepika Padukone on our FB, Twitter, Insta social sites. More and more, please!