Born: Selena Marie Gomez, 22 July 1992 (age 27) in Grand Prairie
Height: 5 ft 6 inch
Parents: Her mother Mandy Teefey and father Ricardo Joel Gomez
Siblings: Sister Victoria Gomez(age 5)
Genres of music: Pop, electropop and dance-pop
Musical instruments: Vocals, piano
New Songs: “Lose You To Love Me”, “I Can’t Get Enough” and “Anxiety”
Labels: Interscope, Hollywood
Upcoming movies: Dolittle, Hotel Transylvania 4 and The Broken Heart Gallery
Current Net Worth: $60 Million
Years-active: 2002 – present
When looking at a list of young actors who made it big, Selena Gomez is definitely a name to be reckoned with. This American actress and singer started off as a child actor in the children’s television series Barney & Friends, which was followed by a leading role in the Disney Channel series Wizards of Waverly Place, which marked Selena’s rise to fame. With a girl, next door look, the voice of nightingale and the fan following that every child star dreams of, Selena is more than making her presence felt in the acting and music industry today.
She is a sensational singer is a rage in today’s world. Having the highest followers on social media like Instagram, it is unbelievable how she has gained so much fan base in her early years. She has crossed the supermodels and famous families like the Kardashians as well, wow that is something now.
Her trademark fashion sense has always been on the superstar chic lines, with the most polished looks onto street style. Decadent dresses to sophisticated suits, Selena has done it all in style and grace. Having a girl-next-door face, she’s the example of ‘could kill with looks’.
|Real name||Selena Marie Gomez|
|Nickname||Sel, Selena, Selly, Conchita|
|Birthday Date||July 22nd, 1992|
|Birth Place||Grand Prairie, Texas, USA|
|Occupation||American actress, Pop Singer, and Fashion Designer|
|Sun Sign (Horoscope)||Cancer|
|Age (2019)||27 years|
|Religion||Christianity (Roman Catholic)|
|Hobbies||Singing, Travelling, dancing, and Writing|
|School||Danny Jones Middle School, Mansfield, Texas|
|Father||Ricardo Joel Gomez(He is a Mexican)|
|Selena Gomez Siblings/Brothers||N/A|
|Sisters||Gracie Elliot Teefey, Tori Gomez, Victoria Gomez|
|Weight||59 kilograms, 130 pounds|
|Waist Size||28 inches|
|Hips size||35 inches|
|Breast Size||34 B|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Brunette with dark brown hair|
|Shoe Size||7 US|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Figure Measurements||36-28-35 inches|
Though most fans only know about Selena and Justin Bieber, (popularly known as Jelena together), both of them have reportedly had other interests and have moved on now. Here goes a walkthrough of the relationships Selena has been in:
Justin Bieber: Though Canadian singer, Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez first started dating in November 2011, their dating news started doing rounds on tabloids from January 2011 itself. The pair continued dating until November 2012. Their split in2012 was shocking for all their fans. But, later on, they did reconcile again in April 2013 and remained together for almost two months up to June 2013. Even now the ‘on and off’ duo are rumored to be spotted at various places together which in turn fuels the theory of these two stars to be dating once again.
Romeo Miller: The olive-toned beauty was then rumored to be dating Romeo Miller after her split with Justin Bieber in 2013. But, later it was revealed to be another baseless media hype.
Austin Mahone: In 2014, Selena revealed that she was dating singer Austin Mahone, who is younger than her. This led to a lot of negative social remarks from fans on various social media platforms. The popular ‘Back to December’ singer, Taylor Swift, who was also Selena’s best friend, had served as the matchmaker this time.
Orlando Bloom: In 2014 itself there was another news about Selena Gomez dating Pirates of the Caribbean star Orlando Bloom. But Alas! The whole fiasco turned out to be a rumor in the end.
Tommaso Chiabra: Though the Orlando bloom story was a rumor, in July 2014, Selena did have a fling with Italian businessman Tommaso Chiabra. She was in Saint-Tropez, France at that time with her friend Cara Delevingne and grew fond of the man.
Zedd: Selena and German DJ Zedd were rumored to have dated from January 2015 to April 2015. The couple first met at a recording studio in Los Angeles. After which, they were regularly spotted together at multiple locations including Golden Globes 2015 party holding each other’s hand.
Charlie Puth: After singer Charlie Puth tweeted about Selena Gomez’s album on Twitter, it instantly sparked rumors of their dating together.
Samuel Krost: Selena was also rumored to have had a fling with Samuel Krost when they were spotted holding hands of each other in New York City on November 9, 2015.
Niall Horan: One Direction’s Niall Horan sparked dating rumors with Selena in 2015 when they were seen partying together several times.
The Weekend: Currently Selena is dating The weekend, she started her relationship with Canadian singer The Weekend in January 2017.
|Sports||Basketball, her preferred team is San Antonio Spurs|
|Actors||Mr. Johnny Depp|
|Films||The Wizard of Oz|
|Net Worth||$275 million|
|Salary per Film/Remuneration||$3 million|
- Selena won a staggering 78 awards out of 110 nominations in her career, some of them are:
- Year in TV Comedy award for best Actress in 2009
- Super Female Movie Star – Silver Otto in 2011
- Super female TV star – Gold Otto from 2010 to 2012
- Woman of the year in 2012
- Independent Spirit Award in 2012
- Sexy Babe – Gold Otto in 2013
- Super-BFFs – Gold Otto with Taylor Swift in 2013
- Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist in 2016
- Award for Most Performed Songs in 2016
- Chart topper award in Billboard Women in Music in 2015
- Super Female Singer in 2011, 2012, 2015 and 2016
- Outstanding Female Rising Star in a Comedy Series
Selena Gomez Facts:
- First Debut: Where acting is concerned, her portrayal of Giana on the Disney Channel in the Original Series Barney and Friends was her debut on screen. Her singing career started off with the release of the album ‘Stars Dance’ in 2013.
- Selena Gomez has 5 pet dogs, namely, Chip, Willy, Fina, Wallace, and Baylor. These dogs were all mostly stray dogs adopted by her.
- Selena Gomez was named the Ambassador to the Ryan Seacrest Foundation in April 2012.
- Selena actually changed the way of signing autographs after watching the movie “Ramona and Beezus”.
- She does not smoke and drinks alcohol.
- She used to write “S” followed by “♥” before but now, she just writes her full name.
- In her own words, Selena would have been a chef if not an actress and singer.
- Selena had received a special Mickey Mouse charm necklace from Disney Channel.